What Mopar Option Burns a Memory in Your Brain the Most?

What option do you remember the most

• 426 Hemi

Votes: 52 18.1%
  • Pushbutton Automatic

Votes: 40 13.9%
  • Six Pack Intake

Votes: 30 10.5%
  • Green Exterior Paint

Votes: 14 4.9%
  • Fender mounted turn signals

Votes: 18 6.3%
  • The Slant six engine

Votes: 23 8.0%
  • 4-doors

Votes: 4 1.4%
  • Pistol Grip Shifter

Votes: 66 23.0%
  • Road Runner pkg

Votes: 21 7.3%
  • Rear facing seat in the station wagon

Votes: 19 6.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
-
Again, so many choices; Maybe I should have voted for "green exterior paint."

Green (pastel green?) was the color of the 58 wagon with the rear facing seat.
Green - Memike, Dad had two green fords too, but too old for the third seat I think.
Green - Dad's 68 Plymouth wagon with wood grain.
Green - 66 Hemi Charger, first 426 Hemi I ever saw at the service station I worked at. Guy made a point to ask me to check his oil.
Green - 67 Valiant 2 door with 273 4 spd. - again at the service station.
Green - 68 383 Charger, customer at the same Atlantic station. Owner used to come in every Saturday night, wash and detail his charger in the wash bay and then hang out for hours.
Green - 69 383 Super Bee belonging to one of the hot dogs in town.
Green - 69 440 Charger a local guy raced, brother of the green Super Bee owner.

No one ever talks about the colors! Mopar's always had the coolest colors!!!
Plum Crazy
Lemon twist
Sassy Grass
Burnt Orange
Sublime Green
Hemi Orange
The list goes on!!! Not to mention all the coolest graphic's on the planet!

The pistol grip from the movie Vanishing Point...

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sn1w1yJKKE"]Vanishing Point - Trailer (1971) - YouTube[/ame]

I voted 426 Hemi.
Nothing was ever like it back in the day, and nothing ever will be.
Followed closely by the pistol grip.......

I have the fender mounts indicators, but it was the pistol grip for me when I was younger, that drew me to Mopar. Soooo Cool!

Honestly, the first thing I ever remember was seeing a big set of cross ram intakes on a wedge motor when I was young. Still dreaming of the day I can afford to build a motor and throw a pair of them on...

You forgot the military used them in a small tanks and had twin /6 in one :D

I didnt forget they had a 30cyl tank motor that was 5 inline flat head 6's driving a central crank by gears....Adjust the valves in that ****....

Voted for pistol grip shifter. Once spent almost 3 hours staring at one in a '70 Road Runner while I waited for the rescue squad to cut me out of the wreckage.....

pistol grips were/are cool ...but we only had one Hemi in the neighborhood a new 70 RR and that thing was so special when it rolled by .. there was a 63' 427 Ford Galaxy (driven by a Marlo Brando type.. showing my age ) around and we waited for those two to go at it..the 427 guy who was about 10 years older than us would cruise by at 15 mph in 1st gear and we would yell at him to get on it ..he never did ..he knew we were dying ..they never went at it ..the RR wrapped itself around a telephone pole about 3 months into it and the guy bought a 340 Duster after that ..oh yeah that had a pistol grip ..........I saw the 427 run later that summer ... hate to say it but I think the RR would have been in trouble (Brando ..Wild Bunch type not Apocalypse Now type ...just wanted to make that clear :)

I chose six pack because of a butterscotch A12 Super Bee that used to cruise on weekends while I was a teenager. One time I saw him filling up and I pulled in to talk to him. He took off the hood for me and I was awestruck, I thought that was the coolest setup. Made me look at Mopars a little different from that point on.

I was into Fords at the time and had a '65 Mustang coupe, thinking about that car eventually made me sell all my Ford stuff and buy my first Mopar - a '70 Charger R/T.

I have had close to 4o Chargers over the years , 90 % of those were some shade of green . I hated that color , but thats what was available , so thats what I bought . But one other thing that should have been on the poll , was , the one thing NOONE else in the industry came remotely close to ..... The Lil Red Express/ Warlock trucks ! Furd and Chuvvy couldn't even try to match wits with Mopar !

Attachments

• DSCF0817.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 307
  • DSCF0819.jpg
    176.8 KB · Views: 330
I couldn't pick just one. Who could not say the graphics and Stripe kits on high impact colors.And the performance hoods. Every time I go back, I revisit those implants in my brain. I had many that were not and loved them too. But close your eyes and picture an old muscle MOPAR passing by . What do you see? Here is just a fraction of cars owned by me. I have alot more pics of cars of my past not loaded. maybe some you own them now. if anyone is interested I could start a thread and load the pics.

Attachments

• scan0010[1].jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 306
  • scan0007[1].jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 333
  • gtx6[1].jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 311
  • scan0015[1].jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 305
  • xrt2.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 293
  • scan0016[1].jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 288
  • gtx7[1].jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 320
  • 69%204spd%20dart[1].jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 283
  • scan0019[1].jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 305
When I bought my 64 Fury from the 'Little old lady who only drove it to church' she laughed when she told me that those young guys at the auto-carwash couldn't figure out how to put it in drive.

Big Block, 4-Door, 4-Speed B & C bodies stick in my mind.
Back in my youth, this old guy had a Black 1966 4-door Plymouth Fury I, with a 426 wedge & 4- Speed.
He had ordered it new from our local dealer.
He owned a service station & always parked it out front.
Another one, was a 1967 Fury I, 4-door & Hi-Horse 383 (Road Runner engine) , automatic, Dark Blue.
It was also in the same town.
The owner of the 1966 passed away, & I was too late to buy it from his son.
The 1967 had a fender bender & I tried to buy it. It was for sale, $1000.00, but I got greedy (low balled it) & the young lady sold it to someone else.
She had told me her Grandfather had bought it new.

Shame on you Keith!Leaving out the 340?LOL

I can remember years ago cruising with my friend that thought his 327 was pretty hot.We got spanked by a 70 340 Dart..bad.I had a yearning for a 340 car since way back then(early 80,s)finally bought my 340 4 speed car 6 yrs ago.Gotta love a SB Mopar!:D

Oh I voted Pistol Grip and had to have one in my car.

I have to say that a A12 Bee my neighbor had got my attention, burnouts in front of his house every day (it was silver column shift car) but before that my Fathers boss had a T/A Chally (Hemi orange 4 speed) that really got me going. Then the boss bought a Superbird, I was in love. lol. To this day I am still in awe when I see one.

sorry non of the above but what burns for me is the 75 Duster we had that had the rear seat fold down I was 20 at the time and never seen that befor.

Awww the memories of the rear facing seats... they seen plenty of fights with my brother & I with mom yelling at both of us...then we lost our priviledges to sit back there PERMANENTLY! She couldn't reach us with her back hand!....lolol

-
Back