what mufflers should i use for my 318 Dodge Demon

-

mossified340

Reaction score
i had hooker super comp headers but they would hit on every bump so i purchased the stock manifolds again and now i want good sounding mufflers not loud or raspy just clean and deep any ideas and how thick of tubing? Thanks lookin foward to ur opinions

i like the dynomax super turbo mufflers. have them on my dart. quiet but not too quiet and they have a nice deep tone. they needed some miles to get a good sound though. it was way too quiet at first but i really like it now.

i like the dynomax super turbo mufflers. have them on my dart. quiet but not too quiet and they have a nice deep tone. they needed some miles to get a good sound though. it was way too quiet at first but i really like it now.
awesome thanks ill look into them

abodyjoe is right. These mufflers have a nice rumble at idle(not loud) and really deliver a nice growl at high RPM. I had them on my truck & I really liked them! They are a bit on the spendy side though.

Another vote for dynomax super turbos. I have them on my Dart with super comp headers, 2.5" exhaust with x-pipe. I get compliments all the time about how nice it sounds. They have a nice deep growl cruising around and really open up when your on the gas. The next project will get the same setup.

I would go 2.5" on the exhaust size.

Super Turbos are great. If they're too quiet you can go with Ultra Flows. Manifolds tend to be quieter than headers, so keep that in mind.

Steve

Ever since the first time I used them, I've been partial to the Hooker Aero Chambers. They sound different from anything else, at least on what I have run them on, and they don't give me headaches like Flowmasters do, or have that tinny kinda sound. I always go with center in/out as this gives a definite throaty roar upon hard acceleration with a straight shot through the exhaust (no baffles in those), while keeping a decent rumble at low speeds.

+11ty billion , super turbos sound just about perfect , not to quiet no to loud , at first they are super quiet , but after a few 100 miles they start to sound good . No resonance through the car at highway speed .
Cruising you get a nice mellow growl , open it up and it barks . I have headers and 2.5 front to back

-
Back