What mufflers?

-
Dynomax ultra flo's here also. I recommend them to everyone. I had the super turbos for maybe a month and ripped them off. Too quiet and very restrictive, car had no pep with them on. Really woke up with the ultra flo's and sound good too. Flowmasters are too much noise !

X3. Love the deep rumble.

Well, the proof is going to be in the pudding. I have a set of Super Turbo's sitting in my garage waiting to go on.

Even with the exhaust going all the way to the back the car was very loud when I got on it. The most annoying time was driving down the highway. The drone was unbearable for the wife and got to me a little as well. Plus it is nice to be able to hear the blower whine to. LOL

We will see if I made the right choice this spring.

Jack

Here's a quick sound bite of the Super Turbo's on mine. TTI headers, x-pipe, 3inch to mufflers, 2.5 inch tailpipes.
[ame]http://youtu.be/GawehCx9E28[/ame]

And one of getting into the throttle a bit. Recorded with driver's window down only and recorded from passenger seat
[ame]http://youtu.be/XHVhB0nilYs[/ame]

It is time I addressed the mufflers in my Demon. They are Flowmaster 40's and when I had the 360, although they were loud, they were not obnoxious. Now that I have the blown 340 the exhaust is so loud I might as well run open headers. I would kind of like to cut the noise in half, the 120 db's is way to much. Maybe get it down to the 90 db range but maybe try to keep some of the performance. WHAT DO YOU GUY'S SUGGEST? Sorry for yelling, but it's loud here. lol

Jack

I went from the flowmasters to Borla XR-1's and it quieted the car down inside and out. The engine liked it as well.

FredS, sounds mighty beefy! LOL! I like it!

I'm with so many dynomax ultra flo, or you can go their new variable baffle muffler. I like the round ultra nice rumble at idle and cruise but gets almost open headers under wide open throttle

If you can fit them check out the hushpower mufflers by Flowmaster. They really work. It's not a gimmick

-
Back