what NAME if mopar made a Ranchero/El Camino

-

USAJon

Maryland U.S.A.
Reaction score
wondering what name they may have used ? any thoughts..

Back in the 80s MaMopar made a little version that was named Rampage/Scamp for Dodge/Plymouth.

was'nt that front wheel drive though?

True :happy10: The rampage was there first 8)
If they would have made one in :-k let's say 68 to 73
I thing it would have been a Satellite body and named it a the Roadrider and had a Black Stalin edition :-D

I thing it would have been a Satellite body and named it a the Roadrider and had a Black Stalin edition :-D

What is the Austrailian one that I believe was on an a body platform? I can't remember the name but I would love to bring one to the states and convert it to LHD.

I believe it was called the "Ute"?

Black Stalin?

b69th9pte7s3htpb.jpg

Ford actually made a pickup version of the Fairmont called the Durango in the early 80s.

Maybe they could've made it the first Mirada.....y'know....gotta keep that latin name flavor goin'....

Ford actually made a pickup version of the Fairmont called the Durango in the early 80s.

They were actually converted by a company out in CA (forget the name); the Fairmont Futura coupe was the basis. Something like 200 were made over two years, and I believe all were 200 ci I6 powered. Cool little rigs.
80fairmontdurango.jpg

As far as the Mopar car-truck, I don't see anything wrong with the name "Rampage".. if they had just given America a shot at the A-body ute, they could've named it anything they liked.

The "Deora" was basesd off an A-100 truck. I like to think if Mopar made a camino-type vehicle it would've bbeen based off the '68 B-body, stripped and called (what else) The Coyote! :cheers:! A great pairing for the Roadrunner & could be used to haul wetbacks!:poke:

Super Wasp or Worker Bee. Sidewinder sounds cool too. I got I got it Dart r/t.lol

.5 heaven .5 hell on wheels The El Diablo from Dodge..... Demon front end of course:snakeman: 3 engine options, 340 base, 340 hi po, 440 magnum. Dana 60 rear standard w/ posi, and swaybars. 4 speed standard bench seat, buckets and console options. the r/t version would be "en fuego" on fire

-
Back