What nitrous controller?

-

Cope

Fusing with fire
Reaction score
We picked up a nitrous kit for the new motor and I'd like to know your thoughts on controllers. What are you running?
For now we will be running single stage wet, out of a plate but may switch to multi stage direct on the next motor.

I like the idea of lean burn shutdown and ignition delay and spray ramp.

Ignition is full MSD through a 6AL.

here's the one I'm leaning twards, anyone use it?

https://m.summitracing.com/parts/nos-15977nos

Thanks for the help.

Last I used was Schnitz but it was years ago. I think the NOS ones are their product but that's may not be true. It's one of those things where a budget one can really do damage. So spend wisely or just control it manually.

Anyone else running a controller?

There must be more folks out there?

You might be surprised. Most Mopar guys are decidedly not pro-nitrous... never mind getting complicated like a progressive controller...lol.

I run nitrous on my slant six, but don't use a controler. Full throttle sw on the carb , and a fogger system jetted for approx 200-225 hp on a 170 engine.
My 66 Valiant with a 225 slant has two plates. First plate is 150 hp, on a wot sw on the carb, and a second plate at 125 hp is controlled by a simple adjustable timer.
http://www.airotronics.com/AOTpdfs/multifunction/Airotronics-MC363.pdf

I ran nitrous for about 8 years when I lived in Colorado because the air is thin (no power). I ran a 360 with a single stage NOS Cheater system jetted for 150-180 shot. I always ran it with a WOT switch, no controller....Not sure if this helps or not, but I never saw the need for a controller with the power I was throwing at it. Now, if you are looking at multi stage, or a large hit and you need to control the launch to not blow the tires off, then I would look into a nitrous controller....otherwise, if you are just doing a small single stage shot its not needed in my opinion.

cooooooooorap, for the price of the thing you can get 23 timers that time for 1 second in tenth second intervals and you can hook them in parallel to add more time.

Last edited:
If you race with a significant amount of nitrous on limited tire or suspension, it's worth every penny.

-
Back