what non-mopar bucket seats can be used

-

Princess Valiant

A.K.A. Rainy Day Auto
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
i been looking around in non- mopar cars thinking what cars have seats that would look decent in a mopar and cheap ....maybe after a re-cover in a pattern that mimicks an original pattern might make the seat's non-mopar origin unnoticable to the unsuspecting.........perhaps add provisions for features that were not originally available on mopar seats such as recline power ect.

so what non-mopar bucket seats have you guys used.

i know right off that Mr. Lance (73 Abodee) has some non- mopar seats that look fantastic .......so what other options are out there?

Car seats are like household furnishings in a way. If it fits between the door and wall...
So if you know the dminsions inside the car, thats your guide. there are a lot of buckets that will fit between your door and trans tunnel. The main fitment problem is the seat heigth/tracks.

I used inexpensive racing buckets, bought from a member here, in the front. I used Cadillac CTS buckets in the back. I had to strip everything out except the frame and ditch the headrests, in order to use them. The pile of stripped parts weighed over 50lbs.They have the three point seat-belts built in.
Andrew

Attachments

• Photo462.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 348
  • Photo223.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 329
Rani you can make almost any thing fit I like to use the jap crap (cheap ) seats.A 2 door noen seats are good too (If you can find a 2 door noen )

i was at a yard today and i think 2 and 4 door neon seats are the same .....they all recline and go foward

foward ? Look agin rani we had a 2000 noen 4 door the seats did not go foward . Or at lest enough to get any one in the back seat lol I took them out when the car met its maker . I was going to put them in the val 4 door and then sold the car and gave the seats away cuz thay would not work in the cuda

foward ? Look agin rani we had a 2000 noen 4 door the seats did not go foward . Or at lest enough to get any one in the back seat lol I took them out when the car met its maker . I was going to put them in the val 4 door and then sold the car and gave the seats away cuz thay would not work in the cuda

thats a 2000 when 2 door neons were not being made .....look in any 99 and back neon

Ok now that i beleave (dont know ) LOL I just know 2000 up do not go foward lol Or the cuda would have neon seats lol

Clarify travel forward typical for all and tilt forward as in 2 door correct.
Even 67 Sport Fury buckets were a little too wide for the A-body. I reworked their tracks and got a comftable heigth. They wouldn't go forward very far without hitting the center console. I needed to open the door to get a hand on that release lever too.
Most modern seats will have that lever under the front, non-issue there.
I have to go along with the above pics in so much as 4 buckets is the simplest way to get upholstery match. Custom skins for any seat will be pricey.

Even 67 Sport Fury buckets were a little too wide for the A-body. I reworked their tracks and got a comftable heigth. They wouldn't go forward very far without hitting the center console. I needed to open the door to get a hand on that release lever too.
Most modern seats will have that lever under the front, non-issue there.
I have to go along with the above pics in so much as 4 buckets is the simplest way to get upholstery match. Custom skins for any seat will be pricey.

yea C-body seats are massive i have some from a 71 fury GT and they didnt fit very good at all in an A body.

the 4 buckets is a very attractive idea ......like a 66/7 charger.....im not worried about mismatched seats bcoz i sew/make my own covers .....when they need foam is where it gets pricey and tough

I used seats from a 95 Neon 2dr that we found at a Wrench and Go in our 72 Swinger. They were in great shape no wear or tears and they were only $28 each with the tracks. They look like they were made for the car.

I used seats from a 2005 Scion TC

Most guys would do it the easy way, and build adapter brackets to make the seats fit the floor.
I did it the hard way because I didnt want the added height of an adapter between the seat and the floor. I modified my floor by cutting out the "ramps" that the bench seat had been bolted to originally, and replaced that area with flat metal. Drilled a few holes, made some re-enforcing plates and welded them in.
The seats are comfortable, and I dont slide around on the seat like with the old bench seat when cornering.

Oh, the other cool thing about the Scion TC seat tracks. When you release them to lean the seatbacks forward, the tracks also release and slide forward. Making for easy access into the back seat. Then when you lean the seat back to its original position, you then also release the seat track, and slide it back to original position. The seats in my Nissan Frontier king cap pickup do the same thing.

To tell you the truth though, I've hardly driven it since installing the seats. Tore the car down for paint shortly after. But in a few weeks the car will be totally back together and on the road for summer cruizing and such. Cant wait to see what they feel like on the road, not just sitting in the garage.

Attachments

• S5002809.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 256
Heres a little video that I put on youtube of that demonstrates what i'm talking about, with the release and slide action of the scion tc seats.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rpVws8prWY"]S5002586.AVI - YouTube[/ame]

I bought a 68 GTS that had toyota gray buckets in it, they looked pretty good. As a mater of fact I still have them.

I'd buy any seat that I liked only if it came from a manufactured car whether Japanese, American or German. Cheap seats seen on Ebay are just that, cheap.

Seats I used in my 64 Signet came from a high dollar Jap car in leather and I used both front and back seats shown here at 25 years of being in the Signet and I just love the comfort and adjustable head rests and Lumbar support..

Back in the day, I put a pair of '74 Monte Carlo buckets in a '72 Demon. They fit really good, but I wasn't able to use the swivel base that came with them.

I installed grand prix gtp seats out of a 2001 in my 70 dart swinger,six way power with heat if you want to hook it up

-
Back