What oil filter do you run and why

-

DUSTERDOWNS

Reaction score
I asked a mechanic friend to bring me a oil filter for my truck on his way home . He brought me a stp and asked if that was okay, i asked him why not a fram and he gave me has opinion . Now i want yours, what do you run and why and why not somethingelse. I do not intend on starting a pissing contest so no arguing between each other . If it had been for my 340 i would have stated bring me a bosch but the silverado i have always used fram now i have questions on my choice of fram.

Wix,or Baldwin.Had less problems eith,than Fram or Purolator.

Fram ph8a because it fits everyone of the 20 vehicles that we got. Plus it's like hemi orange!!! And they have never failed me.

I asked a mechanic friend to bring me a oil filter for my truck on his way home . He brought me a stp and asked if that was okay, i asked him why not a fram and he gave me has opinion . Now i want yours, what do you run and why and why not somethingelse. I do not intend on starting a pissing contest so no arguing between each other . If it had been for my 340 i would have stated bring me a bosch but the silverado i have always used fram now i have questions on my choice of fram.

I have been using fram filters for years on my daily driver and performance vehicles. Never had a problem. l also run Penzoil which many here believe is no good. I have great results with both. I have a 2002 Sebring 2.7 litre which is supposed to be prone to sludge. Well I just did the water pump on this car and can tell you that Penzoil and fram have kept this engine as clean as can be. No sludge at all. People don't adhere to a strict oil maintenance schedule and then balme the result on filters or oil! Is there better than Fram? Quite possibly but they are still good reliable filters.

After seeing all the horror stories about spin on type filters, I am thinking about convertin all my stuff to canister filters. At least then you can actually SEE the filter media. I already have one for my early Hemi.

I have been using fram filters for years on my daily driver and performance vehicles. Never had a problem. l also run Penzoil which many here believe is no good. I have great results with both. I have a 2002 Sebring 2.7 litre which is supposed to be prone to sludge. Well I just did the water pump on this car and can tell you that Penzoil and fram have kept this engine as clean as can be. No sludge at all. People don't adhere to a strict oil maintenance schedule and then balme the result on filters or oil! Is there better than Fram? Quite possibly but they are still good reliable filters.

funny you mention the sludge problem, we just got rid of a 2002 concord for that very reason

I use Fleetguard -- made by Cummins (the diesel engine people). Their #LF-3487 is their super premium version of the "long" filter that fits all my Mopars.

Fram filters are poorly-made garbage. There is ample evidence of that, and it's all been posted a zillion times for anyone to read and absorb (or not, as they choose). Those who think "I've been using them for __ years and never had a problem" means anything aren't really susceptible to grownup things like facts, logic, and reason.

("I've been smoking for 30 years and I'm still alive!" / "I've been driving without a seatbelt for 45 years and I never got in a crash!" / "Since I was nine I've been swinging my left arm in a circle 12 times at exactly 4:11 pm on alternate Fridays of even months and it's done a great job; my wife's salt shaker has never been eaten by a purple crocodile!")

I use Fleetguard -- made by Cummins (the diesel engine people). Their #LF-3487 is their super premium version of the "long" filter that fits all my Mopars.

Fram filters are poorly-made garbage. There is ample evidence of that, and it's all been posted a zillion times for anyone to read and absorb (or not, as they choose). Those who think "I've been using them for __ years and never had a problem" means anything aren't really susceptible to grownup things like facts, logic, and reason.

("I've been smoking for 30 years and I'm still alive!" / "I've been driving without a seatbelt for 45 years and I never got in a crash!" / "Since I was nine I've been swinging my left arm in a circle 12 times at exactly 4:11 pm on alternate Fridays of even months and it's done a great job; my wife's salt shaker has never been eaten by a purple crocodile!")

Just as there is ample evidence that they work fine!

FRAMEGParts.jpg

FRAMTGParts.jpg

WIXParts.jpg

now thats funny **** right there LMAO

Fram PH8A or the Royal Purple equevalent (Because it was on sale) and have never had a problem with Fram on all the cars ever owned. Even use them on my Mowers and 2 on my Grandfathers Dixie Chopper.

Why dont you guys like Fram?

Fram PH8A or the Royal Purple equevalent (Because it was on sale) and have never had a problem with Fram on all the cars ever owned. Even use them on my Mowers and 2 on my Grandfathers Dixie Chopper.

Why dont you guys like Fram?

i guess they are complete garbage. ive ran them for 20 years. but i guess i better switch before i lose a motor

I have too but it seems everythings quality has dropped as more and more crap is outsourced to China.

Napa-Gold--Enough said!!!!!! Just look at abodyjoes pics--Speak for themselves.Don't believe the thread on the wix filters--if it was truth,There would be pictures.

Napa-Gold--Enough said!!!!!! Just look at abodyjoes pics--Speak for themselves.Don't believe the thread on the wix filters--if it was truth,There would be pictures.

What happened to that thread??? Gone??? cant find it...

yes there clearly is a huge difference. honestly that wix thread had me a little concerned. the next filters i buy wont be a fram , but instead a napa gold ....

-
Back