What oil pan with this combo?

-

moparman111

Reaction score
Hi, I am close to getting my car back from the body shop. I will be swapping a 440 in it. I have a Direct connection K. The motor currently has an deep aftermarket pan (Mopar or similar) on it. I purchased a 187 pan previously but would love to use the deeper pan possible. Can someone please let me know if I can use that aftermarket pan? Thank you

Robert

Would help if we knew what deep pan it is that you have, make part number etc.

I am not sure of the pan brand or model #. I bought the motor already put together. Here is two pics of it. Any helpful info is greatly appreciated:) Thanks

Looks home made, don't think it will work looks like it would interfere with the steering linkage. But maybe not, you'll just have to try it.

Trying to look over pans its almost identical to a Moroso #20760. If I am not mistaken the previous owner added some metal at the bottom to protect from scrapes. Anyone out there running a moroso pan with a DC big block K? Thanks

I'm running a Milodon 30930 with the DC k member. I'm using the steering linkage that came in my 71 Demon. The drag brace is close on the idler arm side and would contact without tie rods connected. I don't know yet if the stops on the lower ball joints will prevent it once it's aligned or not. The point of contact is not the sump but the area behind the sump. The only other thing that may be an issue, as far as I can tell, with the pan you have is the extra kick out on the back of the sump below where the drag link sits. Beyond this the only advice I can give is to mock it all up and sort out the issues. I had my engine in and out 4 or 5 times checking things. Also keep in mind that the steering linkage moves up and down as well as fore and aft as it travels due to the angles of the idler and pitman arms.

-
Back