What panels will bolt to what bodies?

-

jerame_c

Reaction score
I have read many posts about people swapping parts to make demons out of dusters and all that stuff. My question is a bit different.
I have made custom composite hoods and fenders before. I am wondering how much interchangeability there is in the hoods and fenders. If I made a custom hood for my 73 Duster would it bolt on to other generations or brands within the A bodies? Would a 73 trunk lid interchange with a 70-72 trunk lid?
I would really like to get an idea of how everything interchanges before I decide how to build my fenders and hood.
Thank You,
Jerame

I have read many posts about people swapping parts to make demons out of dusters and all that stuff. My question is a bit different.
I have made custom composite hoods and fenders before. I am wondering how much interchangeability there is in the hoods and fenders. If I made a custom hood for my 73 Duster would it bolt on to other generations or brands within the A bodies? Would a 73 trunk lid interchange with a 70-72 trunk lid?
I would really like to get an idea of how everything interchanges before I decide how to build my fenders and hood.
Thank You,
Jerame
All 67-76 A-bodies can swap front ends completely like everythin forward of the firewall thats a body panel. though, i'm not 100% on if that applies to the 67-69 Barracuda, sorry. I've actually wondered if they would or wouldn't lately, so here's to hoping someone chimes in. On the note of deck lids/trunk lids, 70-76 Duster/Demon/Dart Sport can all interchange. Hoods, '73-'76 Duster/Scamp share a hood, but it is different than the other A-bodies. Here's a list of all the cars that have different hoods/shared hoods. The ones that are listed apart do NOT share hoods and the ones that are listed together do. i.e. '73-76 Duster/Scamp
'63-66 Valiant/Barracuda
'67-69 Barracuda
'67-69 Dart
'67-68 Valiant (Not sure on '69)
'70-72 Dart/Demon
'70-72 Duster/Valiant
'73-76 Dart/Dart Sport

'63-66 Darts each had different hoods.

All '67-76 fenders will interchange, minus '67-69 Barracuda fenders.

All in all, you can swap the entire front clip on the '67-76 cars, theres a few people with '75 Dusters on here with '70-72 Dart front ends.

Hope this helps!:toothy5:

That is great information. I can design hoods and fenders around any of the grills and create a look I really like. With a little luck I can make a few extra and break even on the build cost.

That is great information. I can design hoods and fenders around any of the grills and create a look I really like. With a little luck I can make a few extra and break even on the build cost.
Please be sure to post some pics of the custom work you do.8) I am glad I could help. Customs are cool:toothy7:

I believe the 69 Barracuda hood is more like the dart sport hood????
I thought it might be too, but it has that lump in the middle which makes me think not so much so. Thats why I wish someone would chime in with knowledge about the Barracuda's panels!](*,)

The '69 Barracuda is interchangable with '73-'76 Dart.

DarTT - correction to your list,
64-65 Valiant/Barracuda hoods interchange
'66 Valiant/Barracuda entire front clip is '66 only

Hope this helps

The '69 Barracuda is interchangable with '73-'76 Dart.

DarTT - correction to your list,
64-65 Valiant/Barracuda hoods interchange
'66 Valiant/Barracuda entire front clip is '66 only

Hope this helps
Thank you so much for correcting my :sign6:

Yreaka? hahaha my hometown, good times. You make custom fiberglass and ill use you as an excuse to come down, trailer my Fish down there hang out with some old friends and we can do the obligatory bonfire party :)

Anybody here have a 1973 Scamp they swapped in a 1970-72 Valiant, Duster front hood, grille and bumper? Not an entire Front Fender Clip? I’m looking at trying to save my B5 Blue factory paint fenders with the much cooler flat, straight hood / grille and front bumper. Any photos or experience with this cool to me upgrade is appreciated in advance. Thank You
5A6AC45E-E610-4BB9-89E3-BA1A2C9B4C78.jpeg

-
Back