What parts can a 1973 Swinger use from other Swingers?

-

AEMIKEA

Reaction score
I'ts hard to find replacement parts, I have tried yearone already. Just purchased the 1973 so I'm not exactly sure what i will need yet, can anyone stear me on the interchangeable parts?

Mike

Ok, many parts interchange. Research A-body Mopars. 73-76 a-bodies share many parts. The Swinger, Duster, Valiant, Dart, Dart Sport, all share parts. Engines, Transmissions, Rear ends, Suspension, Interior parts, and Body Panels.

Ok, many parts interchange. Research A-body Mopars. 73-76 a-bodies share many parts. The Swinger, Duster, Valiant, Dart, Dart Sport, all share parts. Engines, Transmissions, Rear ends, Suspension, Interior parts, and Body Panels.
should have said 67-76 depending how correct someone wants it

You're really going to have to be more specific if you want a decent answer. Some parts interchange '73-76, some will interchange '67-76, and some parts will interchange between models so they can be '73+ and well beyond. BBP rear brake parts can go all the way up to '89, but you may not have BBP brakes with a '73. And some of the '73 parts are 1 year only, like all of the window regulator and internal door parts. Or the front bumper.

If you want specifics, you'll have tell us more about your car and the parts you're looking to interchange.

I was also going to say, let us know specifically what your looking for. I am just finishing up a restoration on a 73. There are some parts you just cant get new like upper door panel plastics so you will have to find used. The A pillers are available for the early up to 72. 73 was different, they are wider on the edge and have grain pattern. However, the early ones will work. So there are alternatives to some parts even if they are not correct.
BTW, year one has a lot of parts but its damn near impossible to find anything on their website. Whoever designed that site is a huge failure in life. Classic industries in a little better but their prices (especially shipping) make you feel like you should call the police and report a rape.
As mentioned, 73 was a one year only window glass and regulator. In 73 they went to the full window and then in 74 the regulator design changed as did the mounting holes in the glass.
Most of the body panels are available except fenders and hood. The grill is being repopped and should be available soon. Let us know what your looking for and we can point in the right direction.

All the light bulbs and the valve stems interchange. Also the license plate screws and the horns. Anything else you need to know, Just ask.

Thanks everyone! I have owned a couple of 67 Camaros, 1965 66 Impalas around 30+ years ago. My son turned 13 and I started looking for a project car we could work on together, I purchased the 1973 Swinger and live the body style, my first Dodge and I’m pretty excited. My son will get his license in 1 1/2 years, I want to surprise him by giving him the car when we are done with it. It’s in great shape. I’ll post more of what I’m looking for. I hate the yellow interior so I think that will definitely go for sure, I hate to do it because the headliner is flawless, but that is all

25E59D52-4E04-4578-9806-1D966D621A4C.jpeg

9BD93B61-83F4-41D3-A428-2E2BED107F7F.jpeg

B560879C-6096-4C2D-B1CA-0C249E910CC0.jpeg

5A1A4312-5FCD-4A87-852A-ED767DAE5D71.jpeg

84B0540C-DA74-4D27-B0BC-20992E620AFB.jpeg

23F4EC55-401A-4011-902E-96520F63E4DD.jpeg

521EFF2F-C1ED-4AD7-822A-A4B2B5D184AD.jpeg

0AFF8ADC-A851-4F12-9BB2-79AEE1A407CE.jpeg

I know this tread is a few years old but I'm new to the Dart world and I'm trying to get my 73 Swinger restored. Will 72 swinger rear inner fender wells interchange with the 73 swinger.

The splash shield? Yes, but the 72 one will be metal and 73+ are plastic. They do interchange as long as it comes from the same body. For example, a duster one wont be the same as the swinger.
I think you can get the metal ones new but the plastic ones are not made.

I'm doing a full restoration. The rear inner fenders (the ones you can see in the trunk) are metal on my 73. It seems to be easier to find 72 A body than 73

Sorry, I missed where you said rear. Those are called inner and outer wheelhouse. AMD has them in stock. Most of the time the inners are fine but its very common for the outer to need replacing.

-
Back