What phantom mopars would you like to build

-
Continue hemi production with the ball stud hemi that was nearly put into production on all b and e body cars after '71. They scrapped the idea at the last minute........
A 440 in an a body from '70 to '76, (4 speed of course.)

How about a 5.7 or 6.1 Viper?? Keep the 10cyl for the ones who want it but Ma Mopar had v8 (360 magnum) Viper mules while in development. Always thought they would sell the crap outa those but Im sure Chrysler would still price it above the average guys pocket.....

VERY good question, I got a couple......

For starters? Motors, I'da loved to hear that the A925 a reality. The 426 Dooms Day Hemi, with an addition to it, as that was a 426 A102 bolt on accessory, hows a about making that happen to a 440? DOHC Hemi!? Offered for both the OLD 426, Gen 2, AND the new 426 AND 440 Hemi Gen3!!!!!! That be AWESOME for the race world!

While we're on motors, making a 225 Hemi as the one that doesn't exist!? I bet that haul some serious ***! Same intake the whole 9 yards, BUT replace the carb with FI????? Do away with the whole V-class V-6's and use the old tech. to todays knowledge....It was a bullet proof "Grocery Getter" AND I bet on a computer, that motor be good milage wise too.

Cars? Put these motors into the A and B bodies....For instance, a 70 Coronet with a slant 6 Hemi 225 in it....

A 69 Charger with the Dooms Day 426 in it, and then a 69 Daytona with the 440 DOHC in it....

Then a bit newer? WELL that's a loaded question/thought, a new Viper, with a V-10 Hemi? Same basic design as the current 505, LA V-10 only Hemi head? Interesting concept that would be, I bet it go like a SOB tho!!!!!!

OR, Hell take that new 392 Hemi turbo charged to be what they're advertising now for the Challenger, and add a real Elephant BLOWER to it, and put in the Viper? Call it SRT-I, SRT-Infinity.... and beyond.....

The new "Black Out" Ram........Use the advertised Challenger 392 in it?

OR as they took the 70 Challenger to design the new one, why not take an old Power Wagon and tastefully design a NEW Dodge Power Wagon, NOT of the Ram design at sll!? Then dump a 6.4 in it or the 6.2 Hellcat? Just food for thought......

I know I'd LOVE to see it!

Then Dodge and diesels. well that's an open can of worms cause I do like the Cummins diesel they use.......... BUT I can see where "Caterpillar" would be better if they would make a diesel small enough to fit under the hood of the Dodge trucks, or well its Ram now, right? Say, a Cat Diesel size being......425? Whats the size of the new one from Cummins? I'm not sure, its big tho......... makes a shitload of torque I know!

A few years ago the guy I buy my tires from had a picture of a '67 Charger convertible on his office wall. When I told him that Chrysler never made a 66-67 Charger convertible he insisted that they made 10 for oil executives. Last year I was talking with a guy at a car show who said that he bought the tire guys car collection, including the Charger. I asked to see it. He said ok, and we went to his shop. It was black with a black top and really nice looking. He let me check out the vin and it started with a W. It's a Coronet with a charger front and back end on it. But whoever did it did a real nice job.

'70 Charger R/T with a Race Hemi/4-speed/Dana 60. FE5 Bright Red, Black interior, White stripe with 15" Rallye wheels.

'70 Charger Daytona 440 6/4-speed

'69 Dart 440 6/727, Omaha Orange with Black interior and stripe with Recall wheels

'71 Duster 340 with every "Hustle Stuff" part on it

1967-69 Plymouth scamp using a dart hard top as the base and sectioning the tail off a valiant and bolting the from end as well with 340 for motivation

1970-72 dart gts with big block options including the 440 six pack

1973-76 duster/dart sport 400 big block

Doing my ultimate now 69 Valiant - the things I would like different would be a 4 link - gearvendors - paddle shifter - bench seat with fold down center armrest to help hold me in place - change my built 400 to a 400 stroker or add a super charger and say SEE YA

Charger III with mid-engine, aluminum DOHC Hemi, F.I. dry-sump oiling, 572 C.I., 6-spd manual trans, IRS rear using a Dana 60 centersection, Viper brakes (inboard mounted), & enough aero pieces to keep it on the ground!:cheers:

Something more realistic? A simple 440 Demon like what was planned for SS/E with a max-wedge top-end would do just fine......

-
Back