What plugs here?

-

sky6099

Reaction score
I have a 72 340 duster...I can't get my heater blower to come on, but I know it works because I tested it.. I found this hot wire under the dash but I dont know exactly plugs into it.. it is by the steering wheel.. I put a 7 amp fuse in it to see what would happen and my blower motor came on and stayed on and I could not control it with the switch,, my dash lights also came on .. so now that i know that this hot plug has something to do with the dash and blower motor, i need to find out exactly what plugs into it.. I was thinking some sort of relay or something,, but does anyone know exactly? its a two prong plug with 4 wires coming out the back of it

Attachments

• IMAG0774.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 176
thats a tuffy,I shall look under the dash of my sons 72 duster and see whats up...that actually looks like the stereo hookup see if the other wire is hot with the headlights on

ok the wiring harness travels to the passenger side and about at the ashtray there is the flasher for the turn signals and the harness continues toward the passenger side then goes up to the top of the heater box. there is a seperate ground wire that comes from the heater box and gets grounded underneath the pass side kick panel

When I pluged a 7amp fuse into that what you see in the picture the blower motor for the heater and the dash lights came on..so I know something plugs into it that relays or operates that stuff..two of the wire that come out the back of it are Orange...I have to look and see what color the other two are..I think one is red..do you have this connection on your duster?....I started this voyage becasue my heater blower would not come on...and then I found this plug with nothing in it...I tested it and it was hot...so I put a fuses in this plug to direct connect it and sure enough the blower turned on as soon as I turned the key switch on but I could not get it to turn back off until I switched the car off.

Two of the wires are orange. That may be a light harness. What color(s) are the other two wires?
C

Two of the wires are orange. That may be a light harness. What color(s) are the other two wires?
C

Only "T" shaped 2 conductor connector I see on the diagram is original radio connector

Should have 2 orange , and a red and a white on the other terminal

I certainly don't see how that could backfeed to the blower, though.

nnusr8.jpg

If the 3rd wire is white and the 4th is red w/ a white tracer, it may be the plug-in for the turn signals and flashers, horn, etc.

If the 3rd wire is white and the 4th is red w/ a white tracer, it may be the plug-in for the turn signals and flashers, horn, etc.
\

?? can you elaborate ?? This is a two conductor connector??

I wish I could elaborate, but electrical is a challenge here. Just going off of recent memory and his statements of 4 wires present?

Your electrical knowledge is WAY over my head. Just trying to help and posted the same time as you :thumblef:

So should that plug not have nothing to do with my heater blower?? Does anyone have a diagram that's pretty easy to read ...so I can make sure I have everything hooked up in the right place?

That is the connector for the stock radio. Red Power and orange light. I wouldn't be pluging things in that you are unsure of . It doesn't take much to fry some things. I have dashes out and complete and have a 72 I am pulling the dash out of tommporrow if you want pics

Yes..pics would be great if you dont mind...Juss to make sure I am pluging things back in the right place...my blower motor isn't getting any fire to it..I Juss need to find out why...maybe my switch is bad...another question..are you numbers to set your timing to ...the ones that sit right above the pulley are there three zeros with hash marks beside each one ? And the one that at the top, does it have before over it and the one in the middle has nothing over it ,..and the 0- that sits at the bottom has after over it? If so where do I set the timiming based off of that...I set it where I thought it should be but I feel like it could be better...any advice?

This is the radio plug for my Dart. Is this what it looks like?

Attachments

• IMG00048.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG00047.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG00046.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 101
yeah thats it. thank you very much. so what makes that blower swith hot? I know thats a vuage question.

-
Back