What projects do you dreed?

-

younggun2.0

Reaction score
I know we all have our least favorite projects when it comes to working on our cars. Lets see what projects you guys/gals "dreed".

For me it is scraping under coating. Just finished the passenger side inner fender this weekend. gotta paint it with por15 then re-apply under coating.

I think what you got dun would be the worse and dreaded job to do younggun2.0 :coffee2: Installing a head liner has got to be in the top ten :D
I have never dun one and hope I never have to, Good job younggun :cheers:
Looks like you have that side behind you now 8-)

I think what you got dun would be the worse and dreaded job to do younggun2.0 :coffee2: Installing a head liner has got to be in the top ten :D
I have never dun one and hope I never have to, Good job younggun :cheers:
Looks like you have that side behind you now 8-)

ya it was 85* all weekend. i thought ice cold beers would make it better. lol just made it a 2 day job. lol

ya it was 85* all weekend. i thought ice cold beers would make it better. lol just made it a 2 day job. lol

Looks like 2 day well spent younggun, I hear ya on the ice cold beer thing :D
it can slow progress but some times it is good to step back and see progress and enjoy as you go :D

Back in the days when I didn't have power tools like now, the exhaust work was terrible. Had more skinned knuckles and cuts and then rust in my eyes. Now it's chop it off and replace w new.

i used to be afraid of wiring. after re-wiring my car i actually enjoy it. its a bit tedious but its fun now. i think there is alot of reward in the work, if that makes sense.

Lol it does. After I start it's not so bad. I think it's more of the idea of doing it. that and dreading I'll find more wrong than I thought lol

Lol it does. After I start it's not so bad. I think it's more of the idea of doing it. that and dreading I'll find more wrong than I thought lol

thats exactly why i ripped that fire hazard out of my car and started over. took me nearly 3 months to do it all off and on.

Putting headers on, just did it on my Dart Sport yesterday, what a pain.

I'll restore one lol send it this way. They are like a needle in a hay stack over here. I would love to have all new wiring also but she is my daily so no time for it.

I hate sanding... If I would've had the extra money when we were re-doing the Dart I gladly would've paid somebody else to sand that car! LOL ...

Stripping paint, blocking out, any glass work, interior work - in that order. I positively suck at glass - so I pay someone for that now but it's still in my hate list...lol.

Repairing HVAC issues under the dash lol. I have a heater blower motor that doesn't run for some reason and I am absolutely dreading having to pull it back out. Fortunately I never hooked up the heater hoses.

Installing headers? Yeahh....not fun, especially when it's a 4-speed and they are painted all nice and you're binking them all over the block and drag link, nearly going into meltdown...

Scraping undercoating, doing wiring, pulling trannies (if the input splines line up kinda quick) are all jobs I don't mind too much either....

What I hate is......anything to do with assembling interiors. All the little chrome strips, door trim, dash speedo/gauge installs or door re-assembly.....creeps me out. 10 different lengths of those little chromey screws.....all of which I forgot which length goes where. Strangely enough, hanging a clutch pedal or doing a steering column isn't too bad to me.

Paint stripping with aircraft stripper, and welding underneath. Next project I'm getting a sandblaster, and a rotisserie.

Paint stripping with aircraft stripper, and welding underneath. Next project I'm getting a sandblaster, and a rotisserie.

dude you and me think alot alike. a few months back when i was welding my exhaust up under the car i had a ball of slag fall behind my helmet and land in my tear duct. burnt the piss out of the corner of my eye and the duct itself. my eye was seeping eye jizz for 6 days. would wake up every morning and my eye was caked shut. was like a dripping faucet. i think i would rather have lost a finger then deal with that ****.

dude you and me think alot alike. a few months back when i was welding my exhaust up under the car i had a ball of slag fall behind my helmet and land in my tear duct. burnt the piss out of the corner of my eye and the duct itself. my eye was seeping eye jizz for 6 days. would wake up every morning and my eye was caked shut. was like a dripping faucet. i think i would rather have lost a finger then deal with that ****.

This is why i started wearing a pair of the chemistry class type goggles under my welding mask. Way to many close calls.

Body work in general. Never really done it and don't have tools to do it. But have lots of projects that need it.

Lower Control arm bushings...ugh...

-
Back