What pulleys or radiator 68 dart

-

dodgegtdart68

Reaction score
Here's my dilemma. I have a 68 Dart with a 75 360. I put on a 68 water pump n bought a driver's side lower radiator but now the pullies don't line up. The 75 so comes out the passenger side & is 5 1/2" from the face. The 68 comes out the driver's side & is 4 5/8" from the face. My pullies don't line up anymore. I don't have a clue of how to figure out what u need to line up the pullies

First. '68 is not an early A-body. Those stop at 1966.

There is no pulley set that I know of that will work using the cast iron WP and 360 balancer. Best bet is to use the '75 pulleys and a '75 radiator.

I had a 69 Barracuda notchback years ago, originally a 318 car. I put a 78 360 in it with all of the 69 front end parts and pulleys, AC,PS and everything aligned perfectly. I remarked the balancer and used a 69 down front cover. Chrysler made the pulley mounting face of the balancers the same thickness on the cast and steel crank balancers. Big block also.

^^^Yup, this. You can't run the late pullies on the early water pump and expect things to line up- there's a big difference in the water pump snout depths. Get and use the early pullies, and you'll be golden. The only mod is you'll have to elongate 1 hole on the crank pulley to fit the late damper.

I have the same thing, a 75 360 in a 69 barracuda. The best thing is to stay with one complete front engine setup. Either use all the stuff from the 68 setup, or all the stuff from the 75 setup. You can improvise a bottom radiator hose to fit on either side if you need to.

The post 1970 stuff is much easier to find. Do you have power steering or ac? Post some pictures.

My engine had a 3 groove crank pulley so that gave me a few more options.

-
Back