What radiator hose? Help

-

tekslk

Reaction score
My 67 barracuda needs a lower radiator hose. The radiator is on the passengers side and the engine also pass side. Any idea what hose to ask for because what the give me isnt even close.

What engine do you have?

The 273 small block cast-iron water pump had the inlet (lower) on the driver's side and was 1.5"D. The later ~1971+ aluminum water pump had a passenger side inlet of 1.75"D. If yours is that, ask for a 1973 318 hose.

The slant six had only one water pump, as far as I know. The inlet (lower) is on the passenger's side and 1.5"D. I just put one one on my Valiant. I used Gates 70776 (recall). Same hose works on my 1965 Dart 273 upper and my 1965 Newport 383 upper, but only because I have non-original radiators in those. It works if your upper radiator inlet is on the far passenger side. If fits like a glove on my slant to snake behind the fan belt, though I think my radiator is the wider one for 65+ cars.

While discussing hoses, there seem to be many combinations. I suspect the upper hose location varied depending on whether factory air or not. I search images on rockauto to find one that appears it will work. Sometimes, you must cut a hose and add a splice to turn it, or use 2 hoses. Hot rodders do that often. One popular upper hose is from Ford V-8 trucks since long with many bends, so easy to fab something, and inexpensive. Most upper hoses I have seen are 1.5"D.

-
Back