What Rear End Is This??

-

Mopar Dude

Reaction score
I have searched for a while now and cant seem to figure out what is under my 74 Dart Sport. Its a different lug pattern than up front. It looks like it only has 9 bolts, I have no idea what it is.

Attachments

• 2012-06-20_14-53-46_127.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 445
The top right corner looks flat so 7 1/4 would be correct as stated above.

axle.jpg

Thank yall! Sorry, I tried searching on google. Im new to the forum and not quite sure how to use it just yet.

Would anyone happen to know why the front lug pattern and rear lug pattern are different? That seems to be the rear end that came in those cars

Thank yall! Sorry, I tried searching on google. Im new to the forum and not quite sure how to use it just yet.

That is the great thing about FABO, members are willing to help others.

Being new is no problem, we all started here at some point and I was lost too when I started. I still learn more about the functions of the site all the time.

Would anyone happen to know why the front lug pattern and rear lug pattern are different? That seems to be the rear end that came in those cars
That's a large bolt pattern year (4 1/2") so you may have had a 8 1/4 rear initially and someone replaced it with a early 4" pattern 7 1/4.

Two lug patterns were used in 73 up a bodies.
73 up drum brake cars had small bolt all the way around with only the option of a 7 1/4 rearend.
73 up disc brake cars had big bolt pattern.
Something was changed on you car during its life.

Two lug patterns were used in 73 up a bodies. Drum brake cars had small bolt all the way around and disc brake cars had big bolt pattern. Something was changed on you car during its life.
Your right Bill. Guess i just have disks on the brain....lol.

im going to go on a limb here and say that the car was originally a 5x4 pattern that had the rear end swapped out for another one that has the 5 x 4 1/2 pattern because it broke

im going to go on a limb here and say that the car was originally a 5x4 pattern that had the rear end swapped out for another one that has the 5 x 4 1/2 pattern because it broke
Good call! So, how much trouble would it be for me to swap the front from drum 5x4 to disk 5x4.5??

Good call! So, how much trouble would it be for me to swap the front from drum 5x4 to disk 5x4.5??

spindles, upper control arms, lower disc ball joints, rotors and calipers

Master cylinder, lines nand porportioning valve in addition to the parts above. Just find the parts and bolt them on. There are a ton of threads on that on the site.

It's a broke one if you put any power to it.

There's a chart above. It's clearly NOT an 8 1/4.

I have a 74 Sport as well. The rear you have is a 7 1/4 that's what mine had as well. The drum on the front might be because you have a /6. Mine came with a V8 and has disc with 4.5 pattern on the front.

-
Back