what rears will fit 70 duster

-

gomangoduster

Reaction score
I have restored my 6er 70 duster now it has a stock 360 in it but I still have the 7 1/4 rear. I cant seem to find a abody 8 and 3/4 anywhere. I am just wondering if there are any other rears out there that anyone has fit under a duster. I really blew my cash in the resto and am trying to find the cheapest alternative. I know 8 1/4 will fit but has bbp and I would have to buy new wheels again. also what about brakes please give as much detail as possible I am new to rear ends!

Gomango, I'm not sure about earlier year A bodies, but the 8-1/4 can be had for around $200 (What I paid minus backing plates and brakes) and will hold 400 HP easy. They also come small bolt pattern if I'm not mistaken. I may be wrong.

The rear can also use backing plates from a Cordoba 11 inch drum, like I did myself on my 8-1/4 rear as seen here; http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=10508&page=2

Where are you located?????

Beautiful car. I'm picking up my 70 /6 duster tomorrow and yours is motivation to get the project going!

Located near Charlotte NC. I am pretty sure they dont have them in sbp they started in 73 which is one of my problems I will then have to buy new wheels and tires 500.00 dollars right there. Plus I cant find one of them either

Good for you man my 6er was a pile of swiss cheese when I dragged it kicking and screaming from the rose bush it had growing around it for 15 years. take it one piece at a time and mostly have fun with the build dont let it piss you off.

-
Back