What Scoop should I get?

-

1BadDodge71

FABO Rice Hater
Reaction score
Hi everyone,want some opinions on what hood scoop to get for my Duster.I cant afford the twin 340 scoops or the Demon /Dart dual snorkel so im looking at 3 scoops right now.
Six Pack
rt%20bonnet%20scoop.jpg

Hemi Scoop

images

Max Wedge

sc-106A.jpg

My preference for your 360-powered Duster would be the six-pack scoop. I think the rounded contours match up better with the Duster/Demon bodies.
I'm kind of a traditionalist and like Hemi scoops on Hemi-powered cars.
The MaxWedge scoops always look good and scream "Mopar" but so do the six-pack scoops.
Just my .02 (all that's left of my 401k).

was there a reason you didnt include the duster scoop?

...I cant afford the twin 340 scoops or the Demon /Dart dual snorkel ...

If money was no object, and one of these would be your first choice, I say wait and save up. They can always be added later, even to a painted hood.

Not that it matters, but my first choice is always the one that MIGHT have come OE on the car had it been so optioned.

This is the one I want ,but it is out of my budget.
attachment.php
:\
Is this the one you were talking about,StrokerScamp?

yup, that's it. they are on ebay used all the time. sometimes they go fairly reasonably. if that's what you really want....why not wait? are you workin with a deadline? I mean....if you settle for somethin you really dont want, you're gonna have to look at it everyday. know what I mean Vern?

Like I say a six pack on the hood and a six pack in the back seat is a great day :drinkers:

I like the six-pack and think it would look great as a "shaker". The hemi scoops get attention, but I have heard of them flying off. I guess thats a chance you take with any scoop if it is not attached well enough, but DANG that hemi scoop is big!

Mines an aftermarket one. not the best quality, But works great.
It cost about $200.00 with shipping. I'll try to find the Invoice.
I can't remember the supplier right now.
It came out of Canada.

Just so you guys know what my plans are for paint.Im going to paint it the original B1 Blue with black stripes on the side with the twister and with the numbers "360" in the back like this one.
1972-Plymouth-Duster-340-with-Modified-360-Panel-Tape-Stripe-Detail-In-Violet-Paint-_Bennigan_s-Car-Show_-F.jpg
And a wing.The hood will be a satin /matte black extending to the top of the fenders ,to the cowl and up to the rear vent windows(like the 340 Dusters)And the wheels I want to put some steel wheels,wide ones in the back with the dog dish hubcaps painted the same as the body color(like the Cuda in the pic).Eventually ,it will have the bigger bolt pattern and disk brakes and bigger rear so im hunting down a good 73-76 Duster donor or any other Abody that has those parts that will work on my Duster(i dont want to buy a 73-76 that Is in such good shape to part out).I want it to look like it was something that "couldve been ordered ,lol.Well,thats the plan anyway
61089.jpg

ive been thinking about a scoop too..where you guys getting the six pack scoops for the 70-72 duster hoods?...quality ones?..lmk thanks

I love the six pack or "twin snorkel" Duster scoops. AWESOME pics guys!

PS: I believe stroked 340 has reached automotive perfection with his Duster

The one I have on the car is from U.S. Body.But hear that Glasstech and AAR are good also..

I like the dual snorkle for 73 & up and the six pack scoop for 70-72. I customized my bolt on hood alittle bit.:-D

-
Back