-
Status
Not open for further replies.

cudacrazy67

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Contact seller
i see alot of talk on here about running 165x15 tires on 3.5 wheels. what height tires are they 60,70 or 80 series? my wheels are for a 73 duster. thanks,mike

If I remember right,the bug tire size is 165/sr/15.I have Kuhmos on my 15x4,nice fit.

thanks for the pics and advice guys. i just bought some 155 80 15 tires. just have to get them on the car now. thanks again,mike.

i have kumos on my duster they are 185 80 15s i run it at the strip all th time fit well and no problems handles very well

i have kumos on my duster they are 185 80 15s i run it at the strip all th time fit well and no problems handles very well

I used to run the narrow wheels and tires on the front of my 68 GTS. Then one day my sister called and told me her husband Martin was driving his 72 SS El Camino with the same tire combination on the front. He had a blow out on the passenger side front and was trying to get over to the side when an 18 wheeler litterally ran over the passenger side quarter panel and then pushed him sideways thru the median and accross the other lane of traffic. This is a divided 4 lane road. The passenger side of the cab was crushed clear into the tunnel. The dash was ripped apart. Luckily my sis wasn't with him. He was fortunate and was thrown out. He basicly had minor cuts and severe bruises. There wasn't a straight panel left except for the tail gate. All because of running those skinnys on the street. I went back to 6" wide wheels and 205's on the front. By the way it was a nicely redone El Camino.

JD Wheels has a pretty good price and good service on 165r's...that's where I got mine. Google 'em and give a call...

165r's are just shy of 26" tall...
155/80's are just a little shorter than 165r's

That's been my experience...but ea manufacturer is slightly different

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back