What should I use to clean under the hood of my dart

-

zartan

Reaction score
I pulled the motor and want to clean up the k frame and what not. I work at a paint store so I can get any thinner I want. Any suggestions

Brake cleaner works best. That or unbolt it have it blasted then powder coated.

Simple Green and a scrub brush. It's biodegradable!

purple power and a power washer ;) a tooth brush in the nook and crannyz will do wonders too
cleanin014.jpg

...it's my "other" Mopar

I'm doing this rite now. Gallon of degreaser and a spraybottle. I am repainting so i am using wire brushes from harbor freight. If you have a lot of grease like I did scrape first before even bothering with degreaser. scrape the crud out the best you can then hit it with degreaser and a brush to get whats left. Patients is the key. I'm going to use some wax and grease remover on everything after it has been fully degreased. Then work on the rust repair and paint.

What about motor oil from a small leaking value cover gasket that have rested on the fender well and under the hood from probably the heat of the engine?

Good stuff from Harbor Freight.....I use it with a parts cleaning brush, over and over til it's spotless. Might have to hit some areas with a scraper first, as was mentioned, if it's super thick goo.

image_71441294675506.jpg

The oil is not bad enough to require scraping or a wire brush. Just sprinkled with oil that need I would like to spray something on and wipe off.

-
Back