what should this combo run?

-

fastfish68

Reaction score
I have a 68 fastback B-cuda, ran a best of 14.98 at 90mph last summer with a 60 over 360. Basically stock engine but fresh rebuild. 340 manifolds,full 2 1/4 exhaust, stock 904,391 sure grip on 245 radials.

After alot of discussion. I'm building a 60 over 10 to 1 (zero deck) 360,balanced. Scott Brown cam 226INT/238 EXT @.050, 5.03 lift. Stock J heads with new 202's,I may clean up the ports. 780 Holley Vac Sec,Stealth dual plane, 1 5/8 headers, full 2 1/2 exh, 727 with rev manual VB, PTC 3200 10" conv, 391 suregrip, 26 x 9 Hoosier slicks. SS springs. Stock 318 bars, rest of car is stock with full interior. I plan on hitting 150 shot to it just for kicks now and then.

Scott says that it should go mid , possibly lower 12's.

Any thought guys?

all things right I'd guess 12.4 to 12.7 with the juice 11.8 to 12.1
but just a guess

i would change a few things...

1st..you SHOULD port/polish the heads..thats where all your power is.
2nd..i would change your carb...780 vac to a 750dp
3rd..i would change your intake from a stealth duel plane to a AIRGAP duel plane.
4th..i would change your converter from a 10" 3200 to a 9.5" 3800-4000

IF you already have these parts then use them but if you dont i would consider changing them....if you do change them mid-low 12's shouldnt be a problem and a 150 should get you low 11's!!!! (IF you can hook it up!!!)

just my 2 cents!!!

Mikes Duster- I just bought the torque convertor! I'm still waiting for it to arrive.
I'm all tapped out of green for this season. IE: new convertor,cam,heads,
shortblock just to name a few. I figure that I may as well get some toosie rolls after the heads,being that they're off anyway and clean up the ports and the chambers. I was going with what I have and Scott Brown's recommendations. I'll let the board know in about a month after I break in the engine and take it to the track..... Thanks for piping in!

Thanks for your input also Outlaw!

Mike

like mikesduster sais the heads are were you can find lots of power! hope you will have fun with its that is what mopar V8´s are made for

I just dropped the heads off at the machine shop today. I told him what I was doing (install 202's etc.) I told him that I wanted a 3angle valve job. He looked at me and said NOooo.. I'm putting more angles than that on it. That was pleasing to hear. So........ hopefully after the holiday weekend , I'll be screwing this together and be at the track by the 2nd week of next month. Been waiting for a whole year for this!!! I'll update later guys...
Mike

-
Back