what size carb

-

canary runner

riding in a 66 cuda
Reaction score
Hi, Have stock 273 w/2v. Trying to keep everything as stock & factory as possible. My 2v is leaking again & car always spits & sputters when taking off. Have always had to butterfly accelerator pedal. its like it has a dead spot just off idle. My question is what size Holley 2v should i go with? 350cfm, 500cfm? Or some other size? Thanks for your help.

I would venture to guess a 350cfm unit would be a better match to your engine.

Consider sending it off to an expert rebuilder to see if it can be saved.

I know you didn't ask for this option, but, I'd go with a 4 barrel, preferably a 500-625 AFB, Carter or Edelbrock. To use a Holley 2 barrel, you're going to have to use an adapter as it won't fit your stock 2V intake anyway, so, if you're going to change intakes, you may as well go 4 barrel. You won't be disappointed!

I GAARRROONNNTTTEEEE!

There is an original 273 4 barrel intake for sale over at moparts.com as of last night........

Here's the best intake for that engine as long as it's a 66 and later model (the 64 and 65 engines have different intake bolt size and angle). The ld4b is great on a stock or slightly modified 273 or 318. I don't know why someone hasn't snatched this up yet...

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=323010

This, and a 450 /500 Carter AFB/Eddy... I actually .like these carbs here.. If you are not proficient at carbs, send RustyRatRod ,a holler... Honest as hell, he actually knows enough seat time wrenching to set you up,once...and right...

This, and a 450 /500 Carter AFB/Eddy... I actually .like these carbs here.. If you are not proficient at carbs, send RustyRatRod ,a holler... Honest as hell, he actually knows enough seat time wrenching to set you up,once...and right...

Yes, or if he likes Holley, I would recommend the 80457.

It's a 600 vac secondary with electric choke. I've used them for decades on daily drivers and once the choke is set up properly to a 12v source, you just start it up and go with no stalling, even below 20° F, I would pump the gas pedal twice, crank it over, watch the oil pressure come up, then put it in gear and drive off in midwest winters that can get below 0° F sometimes...

With vacuum secondary, you can't over carb, as it will only feed what the engine needs....

http://www.manciniracing.com/homo41noflca.html

But as far as out of the box, the Carter/Edelbrock is an easy bolt on and go with minimal tuning required. Holleys take a little bit of tuning knowledge to get them dialed in properly, but run great when you do...

Yes, or if he likes Holley, I would recommend the 80457.

It's a 600 vac secondary with electric choke. I've used them for decades on daily drivers and once the choke is set up properly to a 12v source, you just start it up and go with no stalling, even below 20° F, I would pump the gas pedal twice, crank it over, watch the oil pressure come up, then put it in gear and drive off in midwest winters that can get below 0° F sometimes...

With vacuum secondary, you can't over carb, as it will only feed what the engine needs....

http://www.manciniracing.com/homo41noflca.html

But as far as out of the box, the Carter/Edelbrock is an easy bolt on and go with minimal tuning required. Holleys take a little bit of tuning knowledge to get them dialed in properly, but run great when you do...

Your right,Karl.. That's a nice one. This actually depends on the O.P's further thoughts. Yours is nice ,The Holley is nice..

I have a 600 CFM electric choke eddy for sale if your interested

-
Back