WHAT SIZE Fuel Sender??

-

pastortom1

Reaction score
I'm in Florida, buying some parts for my 67 Cuda in NY.......Don't have the car to check some stuff first.........

What size fuel sender would I have with a stock 273 2 Barrel motor?.......5/16 or 3/8 ???????

I'm assuming it's a 5/16.......BUT, when you ***-U-ME, ....( you know the rest of the old saying, right?)8)

So I also have a question about this. I need to get a new fuel sending unit and the options they give you is a 3/8 and a 5/16 which one do I need? I thought it was the 5/16 but not sure? It's for a original V8 car with a 318.

So I also have a question about this. I need to get a new fuel sending unit and the options they give you is a 3/8 and a 5/16 which one do I need? I thought it was the 5/16 but not sure? It's for a original V8 car with a 318.

Car came with a 5/16, BUT, Might as well buy the 3/8 in case you want to upgrade the engine.

No real point in buying a 5/16 unless it's for the resto crowd.

Car came with a 5/16, BUT, Might as well buy the 3/8 in case you want to upgrade the engine.

No real point in buying a 5/16 unless it's for the resto crowd.

But if I were to change to a 3/8 what about hooking it up? the rubber hose? will there be any problems there?

The rubber hose can be ethier stretched or clamped down and squeezzzeeed enuff to be made to fit. Oh, theres also fittings you can get (Of course) to swap out on the fuel pump, fore and aft, and the carb as well to up or down the size.

5/16 is stock. If you plan on keeping the car, stainless steel line is worth the look.

The rubber hose can be ethier stretched or clamped down and squeezzzeeed enuff to be made to fit. Oh, theres also fittings you can get (Of course) to swap out on the fuel pump, fore and aft, and the carb as well to up or down the size.

5/16 is stock. If you plan on keeping the car, stainless steel line is worth the look.

ok thanks

vansauto.com is where I got the sending unit for my Dart.. Price was excellent and it works great! ..

-
Back