what size jets to use on 750 quick fuel for a 408 stroker

-

fuzzman

Reaction score
I redid my motor this winter and had chenoweth redo my 360 to a 408 stroker. I also bought a quick fuel 750 carb for this motor. The motor has a comp cam it is a XE268H 224/230 @.050 .477"/.480" on 110C/L. The carb came with 80 in the back and 74 in the front. Is this to fat for that motor or do ihave to go up? Is anyone else running this set up and this carb?
Pat Faley
67 NB S Clone
Peoria IL

What are your intentions for the 408??..thats a small cam and carb is on the small side to..most guys i know including myself build strokers for power(racing) with much larger cams and carbs..

Probably up, but you need to drive it and check the plugs .....strokers do like gas...

that sure is a mild cam for a 408...

What are your intentions for the 408??..thats a small cam and carb is on the small side to..most guys i know including myself build strokers for power(racing) with much larger cams and carbs..

My plan is for just cruising. Chenoweths did dyno the motor and it ended up putting out some big numbers but it has a hard time cruising at low steady speeds in fourth gear. it wants to chug down the road. It also has a hard time settling back down to an idle.

My plan is for just cruising. Chenoweths did dyno the motor and it ended up putting out some big numbers but it has a hard time cruising at low steady speeds in fourth gear. it wants to chug down the road. It also has a hard time settling back down to an idle.

That cam runs better at about 2000 rpms and up. What vacuum do you have at idle? What PV is in that carb? It also sounds like you might have a vacuum leak.

That cam runs better at about 2000 rpms and up. What vacuum do you have at idle? What PV is in that carb? It also sounds like you might have a vacuum leak.

I running at about 10 at idle with the vacuum gauge. I'm sure the power valve is probably a 6.5. Thats what it acts like but I sprayed e'ther around the intake manifold and didn't notice any changes, so I'm stumped.

-
Back