What size Rubber(Slick) Fits 66 Cuda

-

64wagon

Reaction score
Heh guys what size on a 15" rim 7 width will fit a stock wheel well for a 66 Cuda, no mini tub and no wheel well lip trimming. Pics if you have them i am thinking MT Street ET's.

Cheers
Rob

I put 255/60/15 TA,s on 66 Dart,leaks were saggy so added air-shocks.Clearing no problem

trim 063.jpg

Im running 8.5 slicks on 15x7 steelies on my 64 dart with stock everything .Its real cose to the springs and outer side of the inner fenders (maybe 1/2 clearence on each side),but it doesnt rub .No air shocks ,lip trimming ,etc...

100_2274.jpg

What would be the minimum and maximum back spacing for the 15 X 7 wheels to fit a 66 with no mods?

Im running 8.5 slicks on 15x7 steelies on my 64 dart with stock everything .Its real cose to the springs and outer side of the inner fenders (maybe 1/2 clearence on each side),but it doesnt rub .No air shocks ,lip trimming ,etc...
What is the back space on your steelies?

What is the back space on your steelies?
They have 3 3/4 back spacing on them from the drum / mounting surface to the edge of rim.The guy that i got the wheels from told me they came from an early 80's Diplomat .I got lucky .Fortunatly he let me check to make sure they fit ,before i paid for them...

100_2275.jpg

100_2273.jpg

255/60/15's should work with at least a 4 1/4 bs. Just an fyi slicks measure a bit different. I have 26-9.5-15's on 15X7 steelies without a problem on my 64 Dart..

Bob

Thanks for the info guys, I'm looking at the Newstalgia Wheel V-40. These are a straight 5 spoke with a media blasted center and polished outer wheel. They would look great on a '66. The 15 X 7 is only listed with 3-7/8 bs and I wanted to be sure they would fit before I bought a set. Thanks for the pics.8) Not trying to hijack this thread, just sharing info.

-
Back