What size/type of nut for LCA Bumper?

-

VintageRacer67

1967 Dart GT 318/Auto
Reaction score
Does anyone know what size/type of nut secures the lower control arm bumper stop? I know I used a 9/16ths thin wall deep socket to remove it before I lost it like an idiot. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

2B21560A-4828-4519-8E9F-2D7690217254.jpeg

Pull the other side off and duplicate it. Does it have a lock washer? If it does it's probably a standard nut.

Pull the other side off and duplicate it. Does it have a lock washer? If it does it's probably a standard nut.

Thanks for the reply Mike. No lock washer on the other side. It’s a locking nut. I went to Home Depot and was going to try and see what fits, but their nuts aren’t loose anymore (in baggies). Was just hoping someone knew the thread size.

image.jpg

Thanks for the reply Mike. No lock washer on the other side. It’s a locking nut. I went to Home Depot and was going to try and see what fits, but their nuts aren’t loose anymore (in baggies). Was just hoping someone knew the thread size.

View attachment 1715852273
ANy self locking nut or a nut and lockwasher will work. A nylock nut would be good. Unless it has to be 100% original, any nut will work.

View attachment 1715852273
Probably 3/8 coarse thread. Slip a 3/8" wrench or socket over the stud to make sure.

-
Back