What solid roller lifters are you guys running?

-

1968FormulaS340

Reaction score
What solid roller lifters are you guys running?

As you may or may not know my car has been down because a couple of my lifters just simply wore out (21 years old, lol). High lift cam and high spring pressure over time...

My old lifters were Crane that I can't get anymore. I need something with an inboard cross bar.

Im running a crower cam.

Grind Lobe Center: 112
Advertised Duration int/exh: 290/294
Duration at .050" int/exh: 251/256
Gross Lift int/exh: .550"/.555"

Im thinking about going with the Crower brand recommended lifters but wanted to ask for your opinions.

I would also be interested in knowing if any one makes a small block roller that doesn't require the oil galleys to tubed. I've done that before and really don't want to to do that again. I think it was part of the problem I had spinning a rod bearing in my 340.

Check out Brian on Moparts, his screen name is OU812. I beieve he worked with Comp to make an inboard tie bar design for a small block. I normally use the std 829-16 (I think that's the number....) I think Isky also makes a lifter set that drops in.

Brian at Indio Motor Machine has SB lifters that he designed with the people that make lifters for Comps pieces. They have the inside tie bar. As Dave mentioned, he goes by ou812 on Moparts. Not sure if he's over here much.

Herbert Lifters are one choice. Don't require any grinding in the valley area.

.................I was told that the comp 828-16 do not need the tube when I bought my comp 20-702-8 kit ........btw it is 4sale.....if u r interested......kim...

I run the comp 828-16 solid roller, I did not have to tube the lifter bores, but I did have to do a LOT of grinding in the lifter valley to make them fit. With hind site being 20/20, I should have gone with Brians lifters (OU812 on Moparts). The price he quoted me was a little more than the comp 828-16, but they drop right in with no grinding needed…It would have been TOTALLY worth the extra money to avoid that headache.

I always bush my roller cam builds, so that may be why... But I dont usually have to take a ton off those tabs. Some, yes, but not that much.

Isnt there a new solid roller lifter design coming soon (may be here already) that has eliminated the pinion through the roller?

-
Back