What sort of weather do you race at

-

Retroboy

Reaction score
Hello. Just thinking about air density. It's generally between 95 and 105 f and very dry here when we go racing. What sort of weather do you race in? Have you ever gone from this type of weather to cool weather without changing your setup and if so what difference did you see in performance?

We race when is 100 or when its -3 . Grass or Ice. Ear plugs require either temp.

spoiler pics 730.jpg

spoiler pics 731.jpg

I lose 3-4 tenths when the weather goes from pretty good to pretty bad. Air quality really hurts me.

My local track probably averages 2800-3700 corrected altitude. Our biggest issue here is humidity. On summer nights I often see 95% humidity so you have to keep that in mind dialing the car. Running alcohol tightens the gap and makes dialing the car a little easier. I’m sure if I ever get around to running nitrous I will have a different kind of learning curve.

averages 2800-3700
Pretty close to the same around here. We have Humidity from -2 to maybe 20%
Temps vary from the 50's to over 100 depending on the month.
I just bracket race.Follow the weather station readings.Never change the cars set up only the dial in.

I live in a desert valley in Washington state, Everytime I've been to the track it's been in the 90s, but a Month straight last year it was closed down due to above 110 temps.
I haven't raced here yet, hopefully this summer.
Our weather turns pretty nice in April, sunny & cool but the track doesn't open until late may or early June, waste of good air if you ask me.

Living & racing around the Gulf coast is a tuners nightmare, especially if it's cold & high humidity.

Pretty close to the same around here. We have Humidity from -2 to maybe 20%
Temps vary from the 50's to over 100 depending on the month.
I just bracket race.Follow the weather station readings.Never change the cars set up only the dial in.

What sort of ET variation do you see ?

I was at Sonoma Raceway last weekend and on Sunday morningg around 8 am the DA was -650 ft. It was around 50f and the track is maybe 100 ft above sea level if that.

I only go when it's raining at the track at 8am but it's going to be clear by noon.
Then when I get ten miles from the track at 3pm I'm not surprised by the torrential downpour...

Up here in Maine, at Winterport Dragway we run in temps from 50 degrees to 90 degrees with humidity from non-existent to 70-80% in the warmest part of summer. At Oxford Dragway it's usually warmer in the day, but their regular schedule runs mostly Friday nights where temps can run from 80s in the late afternoon to 60s in the evening.

-
Back