what stall converter

-

71_dart_swinger

Reaction score
well i just had a tourque converter take a dumb, it was a tci 2200-2600 stall. jurious if i should go a bit higher stall and high high u guys think i should go

360 engine .509 292 duration torker intake 750 eddy headers 2 1/2 exuast 727 w/ shift kit and deep pan and tranny cooler 8 3/4 w/ 3.55s

what u guys think i should get

kinda depends on what you go with. you get what you pay for in converters, so your budget will play with what kind of stall you could go to. I had a 3500rpm footbrake/3900rpm flash dynamic converter i daily drove with 3.91s. It drove better than my cheap 2500stall, less rpm on the highway.

71_dart_swinger said:
ill prob just get another tci just not curious on what stall

I would give dynamic converters a call and give them all possible information about your car and let them custom build the converter specifically for your car. There was a thread on here last night talking about how great the Dynamic converters are and the customer service. Sounds like the fellows at Dynamic converters has it going on.

Here it is: http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar...ead.php?t=19624

Don't cheap yourself out again, you already wasted money on tci and you are going to do it again? By the time you buy all of these "cheap" convertors you could have bought a "good" one. But if you don't have the $ right now (I've been there) I would just put in a stock /6 convertor from a regular parts house to get something as cheap as possible then save your $ for a "good" one. The /6 convertor behind a 360 should stall in the 2000-2200 range this should get you by.

Chuck

100% agree with the above. Paid $650 for my 9 1/2" Dynamic. Pondered a good two months before buying it, I'd do it all over again. PTC has a good rep too it seems, little cheaper.

if you have $700 to spend give sean a call at dynamic convertors and get one of his 9 1/2" jobs... they are soemthing like $600.. i have a similar motor set up in my dart and the 9 1/2 works great in it.. they tweek it to your combo and intended use.. just make sure to give him as much honest information and intended use as possible...

if you go elsewhere your gonna need atleast a 3000 stahl with that cam to make it right... you should really be running atleast 3:91 gear too but you may get by with the 55's

-
Back