What Stall?

-

71Duster

Reaction score
Not debating the stall guys I have e-mailed but I seem to be ranging on numbers.

The engine shop told me 2800rpm the carb/tun-up guy says 3000rpm -and wants to sell me a B&M-

And one of the top converter builders is saying a 10" rated at 3600-3800

Heres the specs, is there something I'm missing or just that the other two guys are?

1971 Plymouth Duster 340

650 Speed Demon mechanical secondaries, on an edelbrock rpm intake

Stock J Heads 2.02 intake 1.60 exhaust and Crane Gold 1.5 ratio rocker arms.

3.55 gears and a 727 stage 2 shift kit from transgo.

It runs a Hughes cam #heh2328al

111deg lobe seperation/installed centerline 108deg
intake lift .506/ exhaust .524
[email protected] Intake223deg/ Exhaust 228deg

Engine is .060 over with Keith Black Hypereutectic pistons on stock rods and a stock forged crank.

Ignition is an FBO box

get a Boss Hog or a Dynamic converter or a Bte not B&M

Not debating the stall guys I have e-mailed but I seem to be ranging on numbers.

The engine shop told me 2800rpm the carb/tun-up guy says 3000rpm -and wants to sell me a B&M-

And one of the top converter builders is saying a 10" rated at 3600-3800

Heres the specs, is there something I'm missing or just that the other two guys are?

1971 Plymouth Duster 340

650 Speed Demon mechanical secondaries, on an edelbrock rpm intake

Stock J Heads 2.02 intake 1.60 exhaust and Crane Gold 1.5 ratio rocker arms.

3.55 gears and a 727 stage 2 shift kit from transgo.

It runs a Hughes cam #heh2328al

111deg lobe seperation/installed centerline 108deg
intake lift .506/ exhaust .524
[email protected] Intake223deg/ Exhaust 228deg

Engine is .060 over with Keith Black Hypereutectic pistons on stock rods and a stock forged crank.

Ignition is an FBO box

I'm running the same cam in a 69 360 Dart. I went with a converter from Frank Lupo, Dynamic Converters. It's a 2400 cost me 395.00 and works great. You asked a loaded question,Really need more info on the intended use of your car, but I can tell you this if it is a street cruiser, you Damn sure don't want a 3600-3800! To much slip and will generate to much heat for a driver type car. Big stall converters on the street get very old to drive in no time.

Dynamic doesn't want to respond to me 2 e-mails and the time zones such for having to call them when I work.

The car is about 95% street driven with the occasional street legal drag night

So far this car launches poorly. A local guy has built and is tuning a TQ for me as the Demon has been a hassle for 4 years now. It'll finally do a burnout but rugging it from a stop won't hardly chirp the tires. It's a dynamic converter in the car now was supposed to have been a 2800rpm from the second party I bought it from but it's stalling @ 2400 to 2500

Dynamic doesn't want to respond to me 2 e-mails and the time zones such for having to call them when I work.

The car is about 95% street driven with the occasional street legal drag night

So far this car launches poorly. A local guy has built and is tuning a TQ for me as the Demon has been a hassle for 4 years now. It'll finally do a burnout but rugging it from a stop won't hardly chirp the tires. It's a dynamic converter in the car now was supposed to have been a 2800rpm from the second party I bought it from but it's stalling @ 2400 to 2500

Im in the same boat looking for a converter. I sent Dynamic 2 emails with no response. Must be nice to turn business away these days. Pathetic

Call them on the phone. They make it known that they really don't like to respond to e-mails as it is time consuming. 1-800-846-5876

Call them on the phone. They make it known that they really don't like to respond to e-mails as it is time consuming. 1-800-846-5876

They don't make that known on their website or they wouldn't have the link to email. They should take it down. Again... it must be nice to turn business away in this economy. How would I know that they don't do email if I wasn't plugged into this site. Just seems kinda weak.

The double pumper and low stall will usually make it a dog on take off. Sometimes you get lucky and get away with a lower stall but if you run a double pumper you usually need at least a 3000 stall bare minimum. That's been my luck with them. Their really designed for a stick shift or high (at least 3500) stall. If you get the ThermoQuad ironed out it should work well for you. I only ever had one that didn't and it had a cracked main body.

I have a 69 cuda that has a 408 stroker in it farily mild build. I had a 2800 in it and just switched to a 3200 and love it. I went w/ Turbo Action no problem talking w/ them email or on the phone, great cust. service and great product.

-
Back