what street tyres for grip but last longer than MTs

-

maca

Reaction score
Hey all
I run Mickey Thompson's SS on the street but they wear out so quickly.
Is there some other options that will give me decent grip but last longer than the MTs
I currently run 15x8 rims but Im happy to buy new different size rims

Goodrich Drag Radials , last almost forever , very good grip and decent price . Had 275/60-15's on my B body...did I say lasted forever ? ...:D

My friend has nitto's and the traction is great as long as the streets are warm and very dry any moisture and no traction

Thanks for the replys.
Matt Gentile, what Goodrich Drag Radials did you run. I googled them and these came up. g-Force SPORT Comp2
Hi brian6pac and abodyjoe, do you know what ones he used NT01 or NT05s

Don't think Goodrich makes the models I had , bought them at least 10 years ago . Sold the car 2 years ago and the tires had NO dry rot after all that time . Nowadays it seems like there are at least 5 companies making street/drag radials of some sort . Comes down to what you can afford to pay...

Thanks mate
I googled them. Are they the 555 or the 555R
On low boost I'm around 430hp at the wheels so struggling with grip badly on the street

555R maybe tour traction issues are suspension related just a thought

I just sent my buddy a set of 6 cyl bars last week that were almost new so we will see how they effect traction.

I am running the M/T Sportsman ST tires, daily driver for over two years rain or shine.
The tread is holding up very nicely, the suspension on my barracuda is my weak link, not the tires.

I am running 15x7 with 225/70/15 on the front and 15x8 with 255/60/15 on the rear.

I can't fit the Nittos in my wheel wells. :BangHead:

I was actually considering switching to the ET Street SS when I get new tires. How long did yours last, and how hard are you beating on the car and tires? Do you heat the tires up before every pass? Are you autocrossing it?

IIRC BF Goodrich stopped making the Drag Radial several years back.

Yep bfg drag radials have been discontinued for several years, i sent a email to bfg and asked them about it. They gave the same ole “we will look into possibly producing them again in the future” run around. Its either M/T, Nitto or the BFG Sport Comp II

-
Back