what t bars to get

-

Snake

Mopar Nut
Reaction score
Thinking over the winter I would like to replace my 40+ year old T bars.Looking for input on what is out there.This is a street driven car,not into auto cross stuff or big time corning.I hope to get something with out heaving to change anything else.All front end was rebuilt about 2000 miles ago but did not do the T bars,should of tho I did find some groves on them from PO but installed them any way my bad.So let me have it what and price and so for.This is a SB 360 car 69 Dart.

Just Suspension has a set on sale for $199 but they are 1.00 in diameter. Even though they are more of a handling type I doubt if you find a better price for a new set. The prices for the factory .870 small block and .890 big block bars are way too high.

the just suspension 1.0 bars will suit you just fine. i have same ones on my 68 cuda, smallblock. they are great. work good. next time i want to to bigger. :)

We also have the 1.00 bars from Just Suspension on my son's '68 Dart with KYB shocks. That combination is quite firm with the 318 in the car now, but we have plans for a 383 in the car in the future. For the price you can't beat them. I'd say unless you want a really soft ride, go with the 1.00's and get shocks based on the ride that you want (less damping, smoother ride).

thinking of changing mine too,Don.
i would go with 1" but the drivers' side will hit my exhaust and i don't really want to disassemble it to clearance.
i would try .920 ,but most say they are not much improvement so i would only change them if i found a used pair...if they were smart they would price them all at 199.

We carry three sizes of torsion bars for your car, with our 1.03" bars being $219. Combine that with a set of Bilstens and you will be well on your way to improved handling.

Remember our 10% off for members of the forum as well

Torsionbars-seals.jpg

tx for the info California.
mine are stock .870 and are really O.K.
.. just wondering what a bit stiffer would be like.

I agree on the Bilstein shocks, I could not afford them
so I went with the KYBs as my second choice.
$36.00 a piece, Advance Auto price matched Jegs price
so I bought them in my home county.

We carry three sizes of torsion bars for your car, with our 1.03" bars being $219. Combine that with a set of Bilstens and you will be well on your way to improved handling.

Torsionbars-seals.jpg

Do you have them in stock? I called you a month ago when I was buying some for my son's car and they said that they were out and wouldn't be in for approx 3 months.

I had to go to Just Suspension and they had the 1" bars in stock. They also hooked me up with Monroe Matic shocks. I got my parts with no issues.

I would have preferred to buy from someone who supports this forum..

Do you have them in stock? I called you a month ago when I was buying some for my son's car and they said that they were out and wouldn't be in for approx 3 months.

I had to go to Just Suspension and they had the 1" bars in stock. They also hooked me up with Monroe Matic shocks. I got my parts with no issues.

I would have preferred to buy from someone who supports this forum..

Yes the 1.03 are in stock and ready to ship and they manufactured in the USA.

Thanks
James From
PST Marketing
1-800-247-2288
Ext 316
[email protected]

Go with the 1.00 bars. I have the .920 and they are definately not stiff. When I bought them nobody was making the nice new large bars. If you want a soft and smooth ride don't go with kyb's they are harsh.

Yes the 1.03 are in stock and ready to ship and they manufactured in the USA.

Thanks
James From
PST Marketing
1-800-247-2288
Ext 316
[email protected]

I wish your rep would have been able to tell me that. I would have waited. But they were telling me that they wouldn't be available for three months, which would have been after Christmas.

Do you carry replacement nuts for installing lower control arms, strut rods etc?

I wish your rep would have been able to tell me that. I would have waited. But they were telling me that they wouldn't be available for three months, which would have been after Christmas.

Do you carry replacement nuts for installing lower control arms, strut rods etc?

I am sorry to hear that. The bars came the end of last month. We are still waiting on our B and E body Bars tho. As for the lower control are nuts are you referring to the ones for the pivot shaft? We do carry adjustable strut rods.

MoparAdjustableStrutRod-RMS.jpg

I am sorry to hear that. The bars came the end of last month. We are still waiting on our B and E body Bars tho. As for the lower control are nuts are you referring to the ones for the pivot shaft? We do carry adjustable strut rods.

No, I don't need the shaft, just the nuts.

I need the nuts for the pivot shaft on the LCA and the nuts for the strut rods. I was going to try some of the fastener suppliers to see what they carry, but thought maybe you may have them.

No, I don't need the shaft, just the nuts.

I need the nuts for the pivot shaft on the LCA and the nuts for the strut rods. I was going to try some of the fastener suppliers to see what they carry, but thought maybe you may have them.

Sorry unfortunately I do not have the nuts alone. We only sell the pivot shaft nuts with pivot shafts. Sorry that I couldn't help you.

I also have the Just Suspension bars on my '74 Duster. They're 1", but they really aren't all that stiff. A huge improvement over stock, but not harsh at all. Like Mopardude I will go bigger with mine next time, 1.03 or maybe 1.06.

I upgraded from the 0.920's to 1.06's. The handling is much better. They match up nicely with the two left SS leaf springs in the back. The ride is pretty smooth but the car is 3900 pounds. The last 60 foot time was 1.73. I think 1.00 inch for a street car would not be too stiff.

OK loots of reply's today great, this will be something on my list after Christmas,am I right I will need bigger dust boots? I have the KYB shocks up front now and there great.

Torsionbars-seals.jpg
How much are the 1" bars? what about shipping I am in Canada. Most likely get ding at the border to me right.

I found a set of 0.87" 4 bbl V-8 bars at a swap meet for $10/pr. The guy had several sets. Already installed and much adjusment left. I moved my 0.85" 2 bbl V-8 bars to my slant car. The boots should be the same on all since the hex end is the same size. If you get the better polyurethane boots, it is tough getting it over the hex. Install the boot first by pressing the bar into it on the floor, with ample grease. If no luck, try soaking the boot in boiling water first.

Thanksssss for the tip Bill,when I installed the bars now the 40 year old ones i just turned the boot inside out slip on like a loose fitting condom,lol.

-
Back