What the F@#& was chevy thinking?

-
try changing spark plugs on a 93 and newer ford ranger with the mitsubishi 4 cylinder in it with 8 spark plugs!!!! now that was a stupid design......it may have made them slightly more efficient but stupid to work on.....not to mention I can't count how many of them engines I have seen broke down...2.3l I think they are.

also I can stand the (96 and newer I think?) ford 4.0l v6 mostly used in the "exploders" as I call them.....they used plastic timing chain tensioners (some 4.6l v8's used them also) and on the 4.0l there are some in the front AND the rear of the engine....yes thats right, there are multiple timing chains and it has them in the rear of the engine aswell.

dumb design.

I could pick apart all the different brands that have flaws and designs I dislike.......but in the end it what manufacturers that did things RIGHT that make me like what I like.

and mopar is where its at......and you can't beat how things were made back in the day, easy to work on with room around everything (for the most part).....and they were built to last and the interior and exterior being made for the most part of metal makes it feel not as cheap as the newer cars where everything is made of plastic or fiberglass.

not to mention....you just cant find the style of yesteryear in the newer cars (some have came close....but there is no replacement).

try changing spark plugs on a 93 and newer ford ranger with the mitsubishi 4 cylinder in it with 8 spark plugs!!!! now that was a stupid design......it may have made them slightly more efficient but stupid to work on.....not to mention I can't count how many of them engines I have seen broke down...2.3l I think they are.

also I can stand the (96 and newer I think?) ford 4.0l v6 mostly used in the "exploders" as I call them.....they used plastic timing chain tensioners (some 4.6l v8's used them also) and on the 4.0l there are some in the front AND the rear of the engine....yes thats right, there are multiple timing chains and it has them in the rear of the engine aswell.

dumb design.

I could pick apart all the different brands that have flaws and designs I dislike.......but in the end it what manufacturers that did things RIGHT that make me like what I like.

and mopar is where its at......and you can't beat how things were made back in the day, easy to work on with room around everything (for the most part).....and they were built to last and the interior and exterior being made for the most part of metal makes it feel not as cheap as the newer cars where everything is made of plastic or fiberglass.

not to mention....you just cant find the style of yesteryear in the newer cars (some have came close....but there is no replacement).

Ford Rangers are only new here, only released about 18 months ago, and all come with a 3.0lt turbo diesel...no petrols.
The Explorers released here had 2 engines...4.0 V6 pushrod ( man trans only) and the 4.0 OHC V6 ( auto trans only).....the reason they expoloded was the jack shaft adapter had only 1 oil hole.....so they seized, not enough lube oil getting in there....they were replaced with one that has 8 oil holes.
The rear leaf springs in them sagged very quickly too. This was the UN & UP models.

I am not sure any of them came with deisels here....and if they did than they were very few.

and rangers here in the states I think have been around now since 1983 or 1984 ...... are you guys just now hearing songs from van halen and getting back to the future in theatres?

LOL J/k , crazy how long it took for you guys to pick up the ranger!.

Here in the states , although they may not be the most mechanically perfect vehicles, they can be got for cheap and make pretty good gas mileage aswell.

Back then, early 80's, we had the Ford Courier....same as Mazda B2000 utes. They came out in 1980......and went till about 2008. The last ones had 2.6 petrol or 2.5 turbo diesel.....and the rare 4.0 V6.
My brother-inlaw has a new Ford Ranger....has only had it about 2 months....got the manual.....Dual cab 4x4.

my 77 grand prix needed the steering arm pulled to change the starter according to midass damn car still squeals a little when I turn left across a slope cause they messed it up , think they bent it a little forcing out the old starter before removing it to put in the new one

-
Back