What the heck is this?

-

Coyote Jack

Member #55, I'm old
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I found this on the drivers side front floor when I was at the Atlantic Nats a couple of weeks ago. Anybody know what it is?

Jack

Attachments

• mini-sluice and creek 015.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 284
  • mini-sluice and creek 016.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 269
Just a guess... there are some plastic thingys that hold the insulation to the firewall.

Good guess RedFish, but I don't think so. I removed all the insulation and replaced it with 3 layers of blueskin when I rebuilt the car. (I have been known to be wrong in the past though).

Jack

Good guess RedFish, but I don't think so. I removed all the insulation and replaced it with 3 layers of blueskin when I rebuilt the car. (I have been known to be wrong in the past though).

Jack

OK Did you have the entire dash out ? The dash has a small channel to reinforce it across its underside. That little channel is real good at collecting small stuff that wont fall out for ages, maybe never.
If you left the car and a window was down, someone tossed it in just to mess with your head.

I 2nd Redfish, those look like the push plugs that hold the firewall insulation pad, yours is shorter because it broke when the insulation was removed. Lawrence

Looking at that pic I would say that RedFish is right. I had the whole dash apart when I rebuilt the car. I guess that push plug got hung up in there somewhere and finally fell out after 8 years of driving. Thanks Guys, you come through again.

Jack

-
Back