What times should i be looking at?

-

Deezgilliams

Reaction score
**First Post Alert**

I gotta 1969 Dodge Dart built for mainly weekend goofin off and track days. Been workin on it over the winter and am just wandering what et's on 1/8 mile I should be looking at.

Mod List is:
Stock Rebuilt 383 Bottom End
Eddy Performer Heads
Comp Cams Hydro .545 lift .247 duration @ .50
Torker Intake
Fenderwell Headers
MSD Pro Billet Dizzy
Initial Timing 15
Total 36 @ 2000rpm
Holley 750 DP
727 RMVB
3000 Hughes Converter
8 3/4 rear w/4.56 gear and spool
29in radials
Stock Front Suspension
SuperStock Rear Springs
Glass Front Fenders and Hood

Thats all i can think of ATM
If you guys have any other recommendations I need let me know, but keep in mind i'm 19 and still in school so I dont have a bookoo amount of money to dump into it.

What did you end up with for a compression ratio? what rockers?

84cc head should help a little, but with a stock flat top piston with no valve reliefs, and .545 lift, the pistons must be below the deck a fair amount. It is hard to figure for sure without measuring how far in the hole your pistons are, but based on that, it is probably below 9-1, that might make it a little lazy on the low end, should run an 8.0 give or take, depending on weight and chassis set up. Is your fuel system upgraded? What size line? What pump?

More initial timing.

If you need a 10 or 14 degree bushing, I have them available.

Rob

7.50's maybe a little quicker depending on total weight of the car...

14-16 initial timing and 36 total at 3000 is a good baseline to test at.

Better intake would be the first thing to swap. Victor Jr would be probably a tenth better than the torker on that setup with the holley DP in good air.

Compression and heads are your limiting factors - converter could be a little looser, all depends on what you are after. Car should put you right on the line between running in a pro class 7.50 and faster or a sportsman 7.50 and slower class...

Torque converter stalls up to about 2000rpm.
Holley blue pump w/ half inch line
Car weighs roughly 2800-2900 i'm assuming. Haven't had it on the scales yet.

-
Back