What Tires on Original Rally Wheels 14" ?

-

germanduster

Reaction score
Hi there,

i am driving the following Tire/Wheel Combo on my 71 Duster:

Front: 205/70 R14
Rear: 215/70 R14 Original Rally Wheels

Has anybody an idea if its possible to drive 225/70 R14 or bigger on the Rear Wheels ?

thanks

brgds
Frank

I've got 235/60-14 on the rear of my 73 Swinger. It's also pretty low and I have experienced zero rubbing on inner fender, leaf springs, or fender edge.

I have 225/70-14 on 5.5" wide wheels all the way around on my 73 Swinger. All stock suspension and nabsolutely no clearance problems.

Different subject: that must really be a pain in the bud to work on an old Dodge in Germany. How in the world do you find parts?

Good to see fellow German around here.

I have 235-60-14 all the way around on factory 14x5.5 rallyes

Attachments

• end of season 002.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 218
  • end of season 011.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 261
  • end of season 007.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 258
Different subject: that must really be a pain in the bud to work on an old Dodge in Germany. How in the world do you find parts?
Good to see fellow German around here.

thanks its nice to be here - and no pain in germany :happy6: - we have some good moparshops in our area. over the internet i found also some good shops in the usa - so i am fine with getting parts for the duster.

brgds
Frank

Don't you hate the TUV? I remember them well, I was born and raised in Germany and lived there until 1985 when I moved to the US.

When I arrived here I thought i was in paradise. I live in central Missouri now and there are almost no restrictions, not even emission checks....love it. I guess you can't even put a decent exhaust like 40 series Flowmasters on your car because it is to loud.

Hans

The tires fit very well on the 5.5 in rim.

Attachments

• 100_3929.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 216
  • Home in garage 015.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 219
  • Home in garage 016.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 229
Don't you hate the TUV? I remember them well, I was born and raised in Germany and lived there until 1985 when I moved to the US.

When I arrived here I thought i was in paradise. I live in central Missouri now and there are almost no restrictions, not even emission checks....love it. I guess you can't even put a decent exhaust like 40 series Flowmasters on your car because it is to loud.

Hans

Hi Hans,

we must live with the TUV in germany and find some tricks to get the historic number. once you got it then you have less trouble with the TUV because the guys from the TUV doesnt know US Cars very well.
...and i installed the flowmaster super 40 under my car :D.

Frank

-
Back