what to bring when looking at a non-runner?

-
well, it looks like this might fall through :(

I've called the guy 4 times, left two messages, and sent an email. My only communication back has been an email that told me to call the number that he doesnt pick up.

That pisses me off.

Not running may be in your favor. If you have a trailer and can get it on the trailer and get it home, you'd be much better off not trying to get it running right then and there. Just yank it and get it home for as cheap as you can. The price may go up or the deal may fall through if the car is running.

I went to look at a foreign compact car for a female friend of mine. We were told it didn't run and the brakes were frozen and couldn't be moved. A few minutes with a battery and some tools and the car was running. A quick blow on the drums and the brakes were freed up. Then the mom comes out and kills the deal for a $125.00 piece of crap. I was a little pissed and should've charged them for my time and knowledge, but I just took my battery and told them to keep the P.O.S. They called my female friend a couple days later and said she could still buy the car if she wanted!!! She just told them to keep the P.O.S or call the junkyard!!!

Get it home before you do anything with it, Geof

I agree completely. THey may want to get rid of a boat anchor, but may decide to keep something that runs.

Also, one time a friend of mine went to look at an old Lincoln. He tried to get it running, and it backfired and caught fire. They got it out quickly, but it left some marks, and the owner was really pissed. Threatened to sue my friend for damaging the car.

If you want to try to get it running there, dont do it until the paperwork is done, and in your hand. Then, you can do whatever you want with YOUR new car.

I agree completely. THey may want to get rid of a boat anchor, but may decide to keep something that runs.

Also, one time a friend of mine went to look at an old Lincoln. He tried to get it running, and it backfired and caught fire. They got it out quickly, but it left some marks, and the owner was really pissed. Threatened to sue my friend for damaging the car.

If you want to try to get it running there, dont do it until the paperwork is done, and in your hand. Then, you can do whatever you want with YOUR new car.

Right on, Jeryst!!! Geof

-
Back