What to do 68 Cuda vert

-

pikewi

Comfortably numb
Reaction score
I picked up a 68 Cuda vert a few years ago. Not bad shape for a WI car. Had been in dry storage 30 years. I disassembled and welded in new floor pan driver side. Did a bad job on welding lower fender panels. They were toast. Build sheet says /6 but I bought without motor. Picked up a low mil. /6 from a Dart. Put on engine stand, refurb, painted and tipped over. Broke alt. mount, dist. and dented valve cover. I am a clutz.
Anyhoo I was in the process of stripping paint yesterday when I realizied I was in over my head and should let this go and get something I could deal with.. Has white buckets which I recovered w/Legendary covers. Rears aren't bad.
Have all parts except the plymouth letters on hood. Hood and deck lid stripped and primed. Its all there. Should I part out or sell as as a package?

Altho I could probly use some parts, if its mostly complete you should have an easy time selling it. Plz post some pics!

You're not the first to make a mess of welding. You're not the first to tip over a engine stand. Before you make a decision ask yourself what would you have been doing instead yesterday and What will you be doing instead tomorrow.
Parting it out might yield more coin but there is a lot of time and labor involved in selling/shipping all the pieces. You would earn every coin.
If you would rather just get it out of your misery and move on with your life, post it for sale here and your local Craig's list

I picked up a 68 Cuda vert a few years ago. Not bad shape for a WI car. Had been in dry storage 30 years. I disassembled and welded in new floor pan driver side. Did a bad job on welding lower fender panels. They were toast. Build sheet says /6 but I bought without motor. Picked up a low mil. /6 from a Dart. Put on engine stand, refurb, painted and tipped over. Broke alt. mount, dist. and dented valve cover. I am a clutz.
Anyhoo I was in the process of stripping paint yesterday when I realizied I was in over my head and should let this go and get something I could deal with.. Has white buckets which I recovered w/Legendary covers. Rears aren't bad.
Have all parts except the plymouth letters on hood. Hood and deck lid stripped and primed. Its all there. Should I part out or sell as as a package?

I agree, the easiest & quickest would be to sell the whole thing as a package. I've parted a few cars over the years with intentions of getting what I needed off the vehicle at the time, then selling the rest to help offset the cost. It is very time consuming & can be a very big hassle. Yes, you will make more parting it if the parts are decent, but plan on spending MANY HOURS taking photos of perhaps hundreds of parts, editing them to fit on a website, advertise, answer many questions about them & sometimes the same questions over & over....LOL

Then you need to package the parts & either scrounge up or buy the packing materials & boxes, or build a wooden crate & get shipping quotes. Don't forget that large items that UPS & USPS won't send will need to be sent via a freight company to physically ship them out. The work involved has convinced me that I'm DONE parting cars. Anything I have leftover now is advertised cheap to get rid of fast. The last few people who came in person to buy a part went home with extra parts for free so I don't have to look at or move them anymore. :D

By the way, a fairly complete & repairable project car can be very appealing to someone else that has been hunting for one.

-
Back