What to do about my 68 Cuda vert project?

-

pikewi

Comfortably numb
Reaction score
Hello all. I have a 68 Cuda vert project I am having trouble with. It is stripped down to the shell pretty much and I have all the parts, bagged tagged and scattered about. I am a little over my head as it needs some work underneath, not a lot I don't think. Also the 1/4's need a little work. I did try to sell it as is on this forum but only had 1 interested party. I know I could farm out some work to a body shop but don't want the "body shop prison" thing. I could get my money back on it buy parting it out but would like to see it stay together. I have really enjoyed working on this car but think I might need to get something I could handle. Any suggestions?
Thanks
Pike

Hello all. I have a 68 Cuda vert project I am having trouble with. It is stripped down to the shell pretty much and I have all the parts, bagged tagged and scattered about. I am a little over my head as it needs some work underneath, not a lot I don't think. Also the 1/4's need a little work. I did try to sell it as is on this forum but only had 1 interested party. I know I could farm out some work to a body shop but don't want the "body shop prison" thing. I could get my money back on it buy parting it out but would like to see it stay together. I have really enjoyed working on this car but think I might need to get something I could handle. Any suggestions?
Thanks
Pike
I guess I should add that all body parts have been stripped and primed. Trim needs a little help, top works but needs cover, front buckets are recovered etc.

Do a little at a time, one assembly until it's complete then move on! Gain some momentum through progress and pride in that progress, then tackle the undercarriage repair yourself!! If you don't feel confident, try looking for a barter or trade for work on it! Do what you're good at for someone in need who does bodywork!! Ask at car shows and around town who's good and look them up! Get to know them and how they work, then pick one who does things in a timely manner!!

Just a few thoughts!!!

I'm in the same place with my 67 vert project. I'll get blatantly honest here and say both our cars are in owners prison. Only way to get the car out in the freedom of the streets again is... MONEY !
So long as a body shop can make more money on those in and out quickie insurance paid fender bender jobs that is what they will work on. I think everyone is the same in that respect, meaning you and I as body men would do the same. When working on a customer paid classis restore pays more, it will get done.
My junior gets released this coming Thursday w/ time served. Money could have had him out months ago. Same same eh ? Nope. In that is where "prison' isn't a proper analogy. A car or any project doesn't get released with time served. Buy out is the only way out. Even more true when sell out doesn't work. The sad part is the mind prison. And since I'm being so damn honest this morn', I'm gonna die out, leaving my unfinished projects to add to the misery of others. :(
That's all I pray about anymore. Good luck to you.

-
Back