What To Do With It ??

-
Save it! I love that shifter and the interior looks really good. I have been looking at my truck everyday since I picked it up in your home state. I have been picking up salvage parts to make a driver out of it. This winter I will be swapping in the dart's 318 in front of the 4 speed. I am thinking 35's, lift kit and lockers front and rear. Can you say Huntin' Rig?

Attachments

• Dodge5.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 148
i like the resto mod idea......but dump in a cummins, auto trans, and a dana and haul anything anywere you want and look cool doing it.

i like the resto mod idea......but dump in a cummins, auto trans, and a dana and haul anything anywere you want and look cool doing it.

Cummins.... now that would be somethin ' ;)
I think I would have to bribe JR to come here and do some fabrication work for that !

Yes... this thread is motivating.....thats why it came back... ideas turn into actions.

-RPM

I think these trucks are under-valued around here. They go for dirt cheap, even drivers with solid bodies and big blocks. Someday they will be appriciated.

Do a search for cummings over one sweptline.org it isn't that hard to do and it is done all the time.

man I just found a clean 64 on craigslist for 400 I might grab it after I look at it tomarrow. It would make a great home for the 318 I currently have sitting in my duster that is in the way of a hemi swap. Plus I would not have to worry about emissions. I thought about pulling the body and dropping it on the 04 ram chassis that I have...... Now to make that a complete truck again....man the possibilitys are endless. And to think that the duster was enough of a project lol

Reviving this old thread...... I think......think... think.... I am going to start tearing into this old truck for a winter project..... I need motivation... MOTIVATE ME ! lol....

-RPM

Go stock or.......................... Hot Mod
I photo chopped up an idea...... Maybe black accents instaed of white?

Attachments

• 000000.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 134
i know this may be complete mutiny,but, 73-87 chevy pickup front crossmember,cut from those year trucks at the welds,will slip right onto the frame rails of that dodge. will lower the front of your truck about 3",you can even use the steering box,with an aftermarket coupler to your existing steering shaft. parts are cheap,you get IFS,power steering,disc brakes,a great ride,you can re-drill the brake rotors to any wheel pattern you want.you can even a later mopar power brake master cylinder/booster with the GM proportioning valve with stock rear 11" drums and it will work great. just a thought............

You could always part it out and send me the glovebox, heater controls/cables, door panels and armrests :toothy10:

Maybe this could help in the inspiration department.

Attachments

• ol dodge.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 123
Thanks people... I actually went and did some "work" on the old truck. Come to find out.... It might not need a steering gear...tearing into it and will update when confirmed. Think I have my new project !

-RPM

Here's a picture of one of mine.

attachment.php

Glad you decided to keep it. There IS a lot of love for these old trucks. Here are a few pics of my early '90s daily driver '68 Desert Turquoise Adventurer long with original /6 & 3-on-the-tree. At least it was orig until I got ahold of it and put a Hurst floor shifter in it! I wish I still had this truck. I think I only sold it because it was a lot to handle for me at the time in the snow (compared to a new car or truck). If only I knew then what I know now, I could have turned this into an incredible looking truck in just a few weekends, it really was pretty nice and restorable overall. KICKING MYSELF TODAY! Don't put yourself into a position where you need to kick yourself!!!

These trucks were built SOLID.

68Adventurer1.jpg

68Adventurer2.jpg

68Adventurer3.jpg

yep... its a keeper.
I took the steering arm off the gear shaft tonight and found my problem. there are splines on about half the steering gear that meet up with splines on half the arm. The gears splines look great... the 300K mile steering arm splines are pretty much non-existant. I cleaned everything up down there and am in process of locating a steering arm that might still have splines.... then onto the brake issue... lol.

-RPM

Anyone have one of these pitman arms ? ? ? In need of one pretty bad !

Anyone have a yard close that might have some Sweptlines in it ? ?

Willing to make it worth your while in Mopar signs and cash. Just dont want to pay a fortune for it....

The one I have is for manual steering, straight shank, 9 1/4" length.

Let me know !

-RPM

that truck is really clean wish i would have seen that before the deadline. that might have been worth getting. even if i needed to make the road trip. that thing looks like its in great shape.

-
Back