What to do?

-

Twisted-72

Reaction score
Why can you not get a title? No vin? Bill of sale?

Does your state have any kit car registration process?

Was a estate sale car that a friend, well a so called friend was to give me the paper work. I took the because he owed me money. I've tried every way to get a title with no luck. I've since bought another member's car and I'm parting this one. You can see by the picture's it's not a total rust bucket and under the top looks just as good. So do I try to sell the shell or just cut it up?

Pennslvania sucks when it comes to putting old cars back on the road. Even a Broadway Title isn't an option until after the car is fixed up and can be inspected and who is going to put that much in without a gaurantee of a title. I'd say at this point cut it up! Looks like it's pretty well down already. There are always guys looking for roofs, cowls, inner fenders, frame rails, trunk floor, passenger floor...it takes some time to get the parts off correctly but you can make a few bucks for you new car in the process.

As it was part of an estate it could be an issue because of probate issues should anyone need to chase an owner's name. I know in CT, you can simply give up on the factory ID and register it as a hot rod with a state issued VIN. CT also doesnt do titles on cars older than 10 years, and doesnt require one on cars older than ten years. That car isnt too rusty by CT standards so I'd not call it a total waste. It's also a big block.. Could be sold as a race car project...

It was a /6 I put the 440 in it. The motor, Trans and rear are going in the 71 I bought. All I'm talking about here is a non rolling shell with nothing left bolted to it.

I got a title from broadway title for a '72 Demon and im in PA.

Broadway told me no way. Get a new title.com out of Maine told me $1100. International title in vegas wouldn't touch it. The car isn't stolen, Had it checked and I've had the car for almost 6 years. But were getting off subject, I've bought another car and I'm not chasing a title for this one anymore. So do I cut it up or try to sell the shell ?

-
Back