What to do?

-

67barracuda

Reaction score
I am doing a front disk brake swap on a 67 fastback. I have installed everything for the UCA to the disks. I am trying to in stall the new caliper hoses, but I can't break free the steel line from the old hoses. Should I cut the steel line right above the nut and re-flair the ends? I think there will be enough line left to do that or do I just have to install new steel lines or a short jumper line.
Also I am not totally sure on how the calipers for a 74-dodge dart get assembled and mounted. They are the type when mounted, do not use bolts, but with some kind of wedge and flat brackets?? Dose anyone have a picture of how they go together.
I think I have everything but the wedges. Dose anyone where might be able to get them? I have bought everything that the local parts store cam get.
Thanks

Apply heat right to the fittings using a propane torch and they should break loose with ease. Make sure your using a fitting wrench on those. 8)

if all else fails (heat metod) and it some times does :cry: Go ahead and cut it and flare it, Or do a real clean job and run new lines. Running new lines isnt that expensive to do.

Heat should work and always use a flare wrench.
lets see if I an post a pic for ya.

attachment.php

well, heat did not work, I'll try cutting and re flaring it this week.

If that dos't work I will be forced to go with new lines.
Who have you bought lines from and who has the best prices?

:D Thanks,
Just finish the disk brakes up front this weekend and know read to put in the new master cylinder. and proportioning valve. Who's and what kits have people been using. Is there away of getting out of putting in a adjustable push rod for the master cylinder.

When I went to El Paso to help Chad with his Duster I had sent up an aluminum master cylinder with the adapter and heatshield. When we installed it, it turned out that the stock pushrod was the right length. We tried installing a new adjustable one first, but it turned out to be too long at its shortest setting. If you haven't bought your master cylinder and adapter yet let me know, I have some on hand.

Hey Craig,does that mean i can use my stock rod for the aluminum master cylinder?????? :scratch:

Hey Kev, I would try the stock one first. The one I put on Chads car worked fine with the stock pushrod. The new adjustable pushrod that MP has is about an inch longer than the stock Duster one. Make sure that you get the rubber retaining ring for the pushrod if your stock one will work. You can email me if you have any problems or questions.

-
Back