What to feed a growing monster?

-

Captainkirk

Old School Mopar Warrior
Reaction score
With the slow progress taking place on my Duster resto, I can't help but wonder what a gallon of gas will cost when it's road-ready?
Yesterday (5/22/08) I stopped at the gas station on the way home from work. Put $10.00 in the tank. At $3.94 a gallon, I didn't get much.
Later that evening, the wife asked if I'd top off her car on the way to the pharmacy. She gave me a twenty. I stopped at the VERY SAME GAS STATION and pulled up to THE VERY SAME PUMP. It was 3 1/2 hours later. I went in and pre-payed, then walked back out to the pump. It wasn't until gas was flowing that I noticed the PUMP PRICE WAS NOW $4.14 A GALLON-FOR REGULAR GASOLINE!!!!!!!
For those of you not so good at math, that's a .20 cent jump.....in a little over 3 hours!
I've heard gas station owners pissing and moaning about making only 2-3 cents a gallon profit. Well, I'm here to tell you somebody's pulling somebody's leg. At least at this pump!:wack:

How am I gonna afford premium in a 14 MPG motor?:angry7:

Kirk,

I'll be lucky to get your gas mileage in my '74 Ramcharger. Less if I'm towing a camper to go fishing for a weekend or towing a car to the strip. With every increase in the price of diesel, food gets more expensive too.

It truly does suck. I've to decided to sell the wife and kid and keep the cars. They're far more reliable. :)

I've to decided to sell the wife and kid and keep the cars. They're far more reliable.

Non bitching and quite to.

Captin, everyong is getting bit. PM me with what your doing. We'll talk.

Kirk

It truly does suck. I've to decided to sell the wife and kid and keep the cars. They're far more reliable. :)

Funnier than hell...........good one. :scratch:

Pretty soon though with the price of gas..............:dontknow:

I gassed up my '66 Valiant 2 days ago when it was $3.89 a gallon Now here West Virginia this morning prices are $4.01 !!!:angry7:

Most People like myself buy gas buy the dollor amount. example...5,10,20, or a fill-up! My plan now is to buy gas per gallon as needed for all my vehicles, mowers, my mopars, etc.

I heard that gas is going back down to 1.00 a gallon, Just kidding!

Guys, this gas situation is really taking the fun out of driving. There is absolutely no reason for these gas prices whatsoever. The fact is we never got smart and regulated gas prices. Instead we left it open for commodities traders to simply spike the prices any way they please. We have no choice but to bend over and take it in the rear. Here in SoCal, a car is necessary to basically do anything since we are the prime example of the "megalopolis" trend for cities merging and developing. How are your commutes to work in other states? Over here, we have people driving two to four hours ONE WAY to work!!!!!! I don't want to get political but old GW didn't help this situation one bit nor did NAFTA, which I know wasn't his doing, but just an example of how politicians have stood idle during this crisis.

I don't want to get political but old GW didn't help this situation one bit nor did NAFTA, which I know wasn't his doing, but just an example of how politicians have stood idle during this crisis.

The politicans aren't sitting idle, their getting their pockets lined by the oil companies including good ol GW.

im hoping i can my get my duster complete within the next 2 yrs hopefully and been wondering if i should just fill a 55gal drum now before it keeps going up.

Hey guys try canada ,here in nova scotia the price is 1.35 per litre thats
1.35 *4.5 or 6.075 per gallon imperial I believe .Last week I filled the wifes
car twice 75 on sunday 55 on wed mytruck 80 sun and 50 wed as I did not
travel my usual 30km twice to have coffee with a buddy.I live in a rural community and there is no transit ,and work shifts so carpooling is out.
We do have regulation and I think it is worse,also canada actually produces more oil than they consume .The problem is opec the fox is in charge of the
hen house they control production .Limit production price goes up as there is no real shortage just tied to production.If there was a true shortage can and us governments would be all over tidal power,solar power and wind generated power.Right now high oil prices give more taxes without raising taxes.Keep
your cars tuned and shop around if your not regulated.

Glenn

-
Back