What to keep in the trunk for EMERGENCIES?

-

daves66valiant

68 Dart 340/727:66 Signet Vert 340/5spd: 68 D100
Reaction score
Just wondering what to keep in the trunk of our Mopars in case of typical mechanical emergencies. ie. tools, extra hoses, belts, rotor cap, ballist, jumpers, fluids, etc.Thought this would be a good thread for getting everyones opinion. :wav:

dont forget a ecu and a voltage regulator. i keep enough tools in my car to be able to pull the top end of my motor apart lol. its come in handy a few times. Some electrical connections - spade connectors, butt connectors - electrical tape, strip/cutters as well. maybe a couple bulbs - though it wouldn't be a emergency to change a bulb...but would be nice to just pop one in.

I have a tool set that I bought at Target a few years back. It actually has a lot of different stuff in it. It came in its own plastic briefcase like case and the best part it fits under the driver's bucket seat. It's not flopping around in the trunk. Only used it once but I feel its paid for itself already.

don

Oh yeah, it was only $20. The tools are cheap and crappy, but they only gotta work once.

I carry a great big can of Cop Repellant.. driving my bright red firebomb in this small town I need it. Lots of road Nazis with no sense of humor here in Ohio.. lol.

I dont really carry anything, unless it's going on a long trip. But, when I go to the track, I carry a full set of sockets, 1/2 and 3/8 drive, a full set of wrenches from 5/16 to 1", and a 1/4 drive wrachet with 11/32, 1/4, 7/16, and 1/2 " sockets for it, plus extensions. Also, vice grips, a set of linesmans pliers, a needle nose pliers, wire stripper/crimpers, electrical tape, a coil of 10Gage wire, some 14ga wire, a tube of black RTV, and some misc screw drivers, a deadblow hammer, and a roll of duct tape. I've also found a spare wire coat hanger, or a roll of mechanics' wire rather handy.

a gallon of antifreeze, quart of oil, and a good spare w/ jack. :thumbup:

Hmm, let me think:
Spare ballast, volt. regulator, ecu, coil, distr. cap & rotor, set of ignition wires, spark plugs x 8, fuses, connectors, belts...oil, coolant, water..jack, a tool set, tape, fire extinguisher (actually it's under the front seat)...I may be a little paranoid.. :lol:

jumper cables, 1 long radiator hose, ECU, ballast resistor, alternator belt, some hand tools (3/8, 7/16, 1/2, 9/16, 3/4, 13/16), clean underwear and a 6-pack of beer.

Everything I do is govererned by a guy named Murphy so no matter what I carry some thing else will break, so I don't carry anything but a flash lite, some flares, a roll of tape and a ballast resistor.

Seriously it's been so long since I had a car break down it just doesn't seem to matter if I carry parts or not. The Barracuda has been on the road almost 5 years since I finished restoring it and has over 30k miles on it and has left me at the side of the road yet.

Now that I have said that Murphy will make me pay. :\

I would carry a fuel pump , filter , and some hose clamps asorted sizes along with all the other things mentioned .

scan0002.jpg

-
Back