What to use to clean tranny lines?

-

myasylum

Reaction score
I wasn't thinking and during the engine swap I got all kinds of grime, oil, fluid under the car. Of course that's were I left the transmission lines laying in the filth.
What can you use to clean the line? Someone said to tape up one end and use gas to go through them. Any other methods?

I was looking into new ones, but all the new lines say 340/727.
I have a 904. Are the connectors the same size?

Thanks!

purple power will get any kinda crap out of there. but then you got highly explosive chemical in there that would need flushed out a few times. gas would work. put an air gun on the one side. shoot some high air pressure thru it after you run some gas thru it

I wasn't thinking and during the engine swap I got all kinds of grime, oil, fluid under the car. Of course that's were I left the transmission lines laying in the filth.
What can you use to clean the line? Someone said to tape up one end and use gas to go through them. Any other methods?

I was looking into new ones, but all the new lines say 340/727.
I have a 904. Are the connectors the same size?

Thanks!

You can order the new pre bent lines for the 904 on E Bay.

Put the car up on jacks. Disconnect the tranny return line, attach a rubber hose and position into a pan. Start engine and let her run for less than a minute. Check the fluid, replenish lost fluid and run again if necessary. Or, have someone replacing the fluid as you flush. Do not do this in reverse since that is the high pressure gear. I've done it in drive. running clean fluid through the system will be all that is necessary to flush the system.

-
Back