What tool do you hate the most?

-
hacksaw is number one on my list,ever since I got a sawzall I don't even think about a hand operated hack saw ennymore :cheers:

Swivel sockets and all swivels for that matter.Combined with any air tool be it a 1/4" ratchet or an impact,they are just an accident waiting to happen.
Add an 24" extension and a swing bar for thoes pesky bellhousing bolts,you can be sure to be growing some new knuckle skin when it slips off.

Basically the wrong tool for the job.Could be anything your trying to make do with... You know how if you dont have exactly tthe right tool,the job takes forever or is impossible? Im a big fan of going out to get a better tool to save stress,and time!!

never been too fond of wheel weight pliers. The wrong ones are constant finger pinchers. Not really in love with hedge trimmer either, means I'm spending most of the day on a ladder trimming 300 ft of hedge (100ft long, the top and two sides)

Glass removal tools, weed eaters, pooper scoopers, caulk guns, and cheap screwdrivers. Those are just a few of the ones I hate.

Sheet rock finishing tools #1
And tools you can not find #2
I will Not use a weed eater, To much noise and vibrations :bootysha:

I like my weed eater. Mostly because I hate weeds and it's my way to exact some revenge.

Any tool thats required to do work on plumbing!

Gee, those are my favourites :love7:. Maybe cause that's what has paid for my house and toys.

I can't believe that nobody has mentioned a vacuum cleaner yet. I hate those damn things. Back ache just waiting to happen.

snow shovels, snow blowers, post hole diggers, swivel sockets, and most of all the crescent wrench it always strips every bolt and nut, just find the correct wrench for the job.

Pretty much whatever tool I am using at the time. Whatever it is I can manage to hurt myself or destroy whatever I am "working on" with it somehow.

I hate my ladder, 'cause it gets used when I am going up on the roof to clean gutters for the 5th time in the fall! Leaf blower is a close second.

i hate them too they like to get your fingers

pinky.jpg

Hi, my names Troy and I hate working on anything that requires METRIC sockets!!!!! (or worse a selection of BOTH! lol) friggin waste having to have to duplicate tools to work on nearly everything here in Canada... whose bright idea was metric anyway?!

Oh and Torx (couldnt just use a bolt? frig):-D

Safety Wire Plies. If you have ever used a set for more than 15 minutes you'll know why. The damn things love to pinch the crap out of your squeezing hand.

my .02
Spoken like someone from the USAF. We even had to safety wire the electric connectors on our avionics equip. Wish I had that .02 for every one I tied!! LOL!!

averageerod, ditto the weedeater due to the stickey stuff that's hanging on me when it runs out of gas. It always leeds to poison ivy!!

Mine has got to be the rental 3hp power snake for drain pipes. One time I was teaching my boy how (he's stronger and was sure to tell me right then when it wrapped me!) to do it. When it wrapped him up, he freaked and didn't let off power and really got him. I had to pull apart & get myself in it to get him free, then work me out! It looked like the 2 stooges yuk yuk!:-D

Hi, my names Troy and I hate working on anything that requires METRIC sockets!!!!! (or worse a selection of BOTH! lol) friggin waste having to have to duplicate tools to work on nearly everything here in Canada... whose bright idea was metric anyway?!

Oh and Torx (couldnt just use a bolt? frig):-D

Very much agree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cheers:

Gee, those are my favourites :love7:. Maybe cause that's what has paid for my house and toys.

I can't believe that nobody has mentioned a vacuum cleaner yet. I hate those damn things. Back ache just waiting to happen.

I didnt know you were a fellow plumber. Plumbings still paying my bills. been a liscensed journeyman since 83.

Roll around creepers ..... had my hair stuck so many times it now has a ponytail holder wrapped around one of the rungs.

Yup, just a dumb plumber :-D.

I gave it up after 20 yrs, but it's still in the blood.

Had a good laugh at 64Dart170, and the power auger. Never wrapped myself up, but have had it swingin' pretty good.

Mine has got to be the rental 3hp power snake for drain pipes. One time I was teaching my boy how (he's stronger and was sure to tell me right then when it wrapped me!) to do it. When it wrapped him up, he freaked and didn't let off power and really got him. I had to pull apart & get myself in it to get him free, then work me out! It looked like the 2 stooges yuk yuk!:-D

Man that is funny as long as you didn't get hurt. :-D I have had them get away from me to but never wrapped up in it. I am still laughing picturing it as I am typing. Thanks 64dart170 :-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D

i hate them too they like to get your fingers

Yup, just a dumb plumber :-D.

I gave it up after 20 yrs, but it's still in the blood.

Had a good laugh at 64Dart170, and the power auger. Never wrapped myself up, but have had it swingin' pretty good.

I love watching new guys on the rigid 300 or little guys with a hole hawg and a 3 9/16 bit hit a knot. makes for some comic moments.

After looking through the cabnets at work today I also remembered how much I hate a hand pipe threader. Trying to hold a 30 pound tool above your head, in a ceiling, on a 10' ladder threading a 1 inch pipe, :thebirdm: that.

hated tool 1.jpg

-
Back