What tools and spare parts in your a-body

-
Spare tire and tool box with all the common tools.I do carry belts,water,qt of oil,gloves when I go out of town.

Over 7 years ago, I bought the most complete emergency roadside kit at Walmart ( about 33.00 ). I've opened it once to add a pencil, note pad, tape measure, pocket knife. I also have a scissor jack secured to the POS bumper jack. Haven't needed it either. Great car
Oops almost forget.. and a service manual

Don't have or need a ballast, or a mopar ignition box, or canister type oil filled coil so I don't have to carry anything for the ignition.
I do have a small box strapped to my fuel filler tube with one each phillips and blade type screwdrivers, a pair of pliers, a pocket knife and a gallon of drinking water because I take off across the desert in it for hours sometimes.

It has been the most reliable car you could ask for, as it has been close to two years since it didn't start and run and that one was a battery that was in the car when I got it went bad.

I used to carry an extra set (2) of points for my Mallory dual point distributor, along with the requisite tools to change/gap them. I also carried a distributor wrench and an old rag - used that to jump the ignition relay when the clutch-switch was acting up and the starter wouldn't run from inside. ;-)

Basic tool box, jumper cables, complete ignition, fuel fliter and fire extinguisher. Oh yeah an old set of belts. Another hint...keep the fire extinguisher where you have access to it. Mine is in the drivers side passenger floorboard. The car might be fried before you get the trunk open.

I agree with trailbeast. Run as much durable and common as possible. Hei, reasonably modern alternator, stuff you could replace at any parts store or junkyard.

I like a small but complete wrench set, makita impact and drill with stepper and basic drill bits, proper light gauge socket set, gallon of atf, gallon of coolant, quart of rye, 4 spark plugs, set of belts (usually the ones I pulled due to age) screw jack from a 2000s ford ranger, small voltage tester, couple 10 foot 14 gauge wires. Butane soldering iron and bit of solder. Fuses, bulbs, bow and arrows. Jumper cables, flares, MREs, gallon of drinking water, light gauge work gloves, blanket, safety goggles, change of clothes, goop, shop towels. Ignition module, voltage regulator and a fuel filter.

I agree with trailbeast. Run as much durable and common as possible. Hei, reasonably modern alternator, stuff you could replace at any parts store or junkyard.

I like a small but complete wrench set, makita impact and drill with stepper and basic drill bits, proper light gauge socket set, gallon of atf, gallon of coolant, quart of rye, 4 spark plugs, set of belts (usually the ones I pulled due to age) screw jack from a 2000s ford ranger, small voltage tester, couple 10 foot 14 gauge wires. Butane soldering iron and bit of solder. Fuses, bulbs, bow and arrows. Jumper cables, flares, MREs, gallon of drinking water, light gauge work gloves, blanket, safety goggles, change of clothes, goop, shop towels. Ignition module, voltage regulator and a fuel filter.

What, no portable shower? :D

Nothin, nada, zip.... use to carry a spare tire but realized I didn't have a jack. Now its just a cell phone and my glasses.

Depends on the size of the trip, the longer it is, the more I bring. A small tool kit with common tools, and a spare tire with a jack might find it's way in as a base. Anything from fluid, to carb jets, common sense cures all!

:wav:
Nothin, nada, zip.... use to carry a spare tire but realized I didn't have a jack. Now its just a cell phone and my glasses.

Overall, I'm in this boat...

I like idea of a small fire extinguisher though...

Joe

Christmas, Sears had their tool bags for $5, and small socket sets for $10. I bought one for each vehicle. I also added pliers, cresent wrench, screwdrivers, multimeter ( the free one from Harbor Freight), electrical tape, roll of wire, flashlight (also free from HF), and some gloves.I've done this for peace of mind, knowing full well, if I should have a problem, I'll just have enough to piss you off.

I removed the bumper jack so I wouldn't be tempted to use it. So, I had a small tool box with the basics (stubby wrench set, 3/8 and 1/2 socket sets, pliers, crescent wrench, tape, screwdriver w/tips, mini-hammer, mini-hacksaw), a scissor jack, a tall bin containing jumpers, a long 1/2 drive cheater bar with 2 deep sockets for my mismatched lugnuts, fan belt, rad & bypass hoses, cap, rotor, points, condenser, ballast resistor, bulbs, throttle spring, 50ft nylon rope, tow strap, odd bitsa hoses, baling wire, wheel chocks, 12v spotlight, rags. All of this fit tucked into the fenders so I could still drop the access panel.

-
Back