what Torque converter?

-

69dodgedart360

Reaction score
Hey everyone, after reading a couple threads on converters i think this is going to be the next thing to put in the Dart due to my dilemma. I do a lot of freeway driving, its a must necessity for me. I have a set of 3.23's that are ready to go in beacause 65mph at 3000rpm with my 3.55's is just too much since i do a lot of freeway driving. So i know putting in the 3.23's are going to hurt launching but from what i hear or think i hear, Dynamic's converters are supposed to be the way to go. i have read a couple posts and it seems that these converters only put the full rated stall when your at WOT and while your cruising it acts as a lower stall converter? Did i read something wrong or do all torque converters like from B&M and TCI do this? please enlighten me i just dont want to buy into something which is going to be way too much for a daily street car.

Thanks

i have a dynamic converter. it allows easy 3000 rpm launches on the foot brake at the track but it behaves like a stock converter on the street. personally after putting the dynamic in my car i won't buy an off the shelf converter again. give sean at dynamic a call 302-454-9203 and tell him what you are doing. be completely honest when he asks for the specs of your car and your intended use. he will build one to your combo. they are not cheap but with converters you get what you pay for. djvcuda is also running a dynamic converter, he runs 3.23 gears with his. going from a mp unit to the dynamic unit he dropped like 400 rpm cruising and 2 mpg. plus he dropped 60 foot time at the track. its amazing how well those converters work.

If you want the "best" out there get in contact with Ultimate Converter 203-874-2100,Lenny the owner use to work for Dynamic back when they were good,,he's since gone out on his own,i run one of his converters and so do several racers i know he'll advise you on exactely what you need,and build it for you,best of all it'll perform Exactly as he says..:thumbup:

I ordered mine today from Dynamic converter. i spoke with Sean be ready to have all your info ready tire size, gears, cam info, comp ratio...
HKeller

-
Back