what transmission

-

highflyer

Reaction score
Im looking for info on a 96 dodge pickup 1/2 ton I think auto trans with 360 motor..anyone know what autotrans it would most likely come with.and any info on it,..tx...j

probably a 46RE....that is what my friends 96 had in it...

im not looking for one, im looking at buying the truck..would like to know if its a good trans or a piece junk theat i should be aware of.so if its a 46re,what is that....tx..j ,

check the plug on the driver side...see how many pins are in it...3 pins 46rh...but probably a 46RE...

its a OverDrive with lockup converter trans. Its not a bad trans, and easy to build up. Same basic trans they used in the diesel application(47RE), just fewer clutches used throughout.

and i am not talking about the neutral safety switch......

for a 96, I'd expect to see an 8pin connector, but as aar mentioned, if that connector is 3 pin, then its an RH, vs an 8pin RE.

96+ was OBD-II, thus giving birth to the RE, rear electronic, series. Rear hydraulic was its predecessor.

It's possible that it could also be the 42/44re/rh series. Check the pan, if it looks like a 904 then its the 42/44 series(also known as the A500), if it looks like a 727 then its the 43/47 serieS -a518.

well I checked and looked for the connector.only connector I can find has three wires..also the build sheet under the hood has .."standard duty 4 speed"..code DGB...and the pan looks like a 904 ..tx..j

Don't know what your plans for it are but in case your planning on using it an A-body it isn't a bolt in deal. It's too big to fit in the transmission tunnel without mods to the car.

-
Back