what trany should i ues fore a 383 bb

-

74_duster

Reaction score
what kind of trans shoud i put behind a 383 bb in a 74 duster

Well, do you like a manual trans or a automatic trans?

What kind of trans are you wanting an auto or manual? If auto you really only have one option the big block 727 that was the only auto for the big block. If your wanting a manual It depends do you want the stock four speed or are you wanting more gears? Good Luck. Justin

The 727 is the only Mopar trans that will fit and be an easy bolt on and in.

After market companys can adapt other tranny's to your big block at a hefty price and some company out there (it escapes me now) has a OD trans for a big block.

The 727 is the only Mopar trans that will fit and be an easy bolt on and in.

After market companys can adapt other tranny's to your big block at a hefty price and some company out there (it escapes me now) has a OD trans for a big block.

I think your talking about the Keisler, its a gm trans with a special bellhousing to adapt to either the small or big block mopar depending on which one you need. I believe its a Gm 4L60E trans though. And sorry thats what I meant to say if your looking for cheap and stock your only option is the 727 but you can do the aftermarket od auto or I believe they make an adapter to bolt a gm trans to the big block mopar but I've only ever seen anyone do it with a powerglide for racing purposes so I don't know if its a very good option for a street car. Good Luck Justin

There is another thread on hear about using a 700r4 w/ and adapter for mopar. I don't know too much about it though.

-
Back